Chapter Three - "Looks like I've got a new enemy..."

(butterfliess)

Liam's POV

I woke up, squinting at a eerie light that filled my vision. Niall was already awake, and was flipping through channels while sitting on the edge of the bed. He looked over at me and smiled. "Well hello there, Mr. Sleepy Head."

He was, surprisingly, not hung over. I recalled last night a little, but it was all a blur. The strobe lights flashing around messed up my vision. 

"So... Niall... What went on last night?"

"I told Zayn that you are I were friends."

I sat up, rubbing my eyes. "How'd he take it?"

"Well, actually. He didn't mind at all; he said he didn't really have a reason to hate you anyways."

I smiled, though it faded quickly. I paused, letting a exhausted sigh escape between my barely parted lips. I slouched a little. "But now I have to tell Harry."

"Yes, yes you do." He laughed lowly, eyes bright.

"Sadly, Harry's a bit more stubborn. I'm not sure he'll take it so well. He hates you with a firey, burning passion. Not sure why; Zayn, according to you, didn't have a reason to hate me, but Harry has a reason to hate you. As I said, I'm clueless as to what the reason is, but... You know. Maybe he'll ask me to go somewhere too." 

Niall shrugged just as my phone beeped. I jumped for it and, before unlocking it, checked the time; already around four pm? How long was I sleeping? Harry was sure to ask me to go somewhere.

I read the text out loud, "Hey, Liam, let's go to the bar."

The bar. I sighed again. Harry knew I didn't like drinking, and at a bar, you were always basically forced by frightening strangers to drink something or play a game of beer pong or something along the lines of beer pong.

Oh well. It might be fun. Maybe I will have a few drinks...

---

Around an hour or so later, Niall and I hit the bar. We went in together, and went different ways inside. No one else was there; Harry didn't invite anyone else, and since he was so stubborn and angry when he didn't get his way, I didn't dare invite anyone except Niall. 

Even though he hated Niall, he had to realize that we were friends. We were slowly turning into best friends; or maybe we were already best friends. It happened so quickly, I didn't even stop to figure out where I stood in his mind.

I found my way to Harry, whose gaze lifted from his phone as he heard me approaching. He slipped it into his pocket and high fived. It was like a tradition; almost whenever we saw eachother, we'd high five. 

"Hey, bro." He said, slapping a hand on my shoulder. I cringed; there was still a bruise there from long ago. He didn't take notice to my pain and led me up to the counter. He, without asking me what I wanted, ordered classic beer to "start us off." 

I turned to him as we sat down on leather, tattered bar stools. "Listen, Harry, I hope you don't mind if I brought someone."

His cheerful expression faded. "Like who." He said slowly, crossing his arms. 

"Niall."

"Oh god," He scoffed. "Please tell me you're joking. Niall, as in Niall Horan? Why would you even think to invite your enemy?"

"I'm not joking. And he's not my enemy. We're friends now."

"When did this happen?" He said strictly.

"A while ago..." I replied, refusing to make eye contact with him. 

"A while ago? And you're just telling me this now? What a friend you are." He rolled his eyes. 

"Harry, I'm sorry. It's stupid to hate him. We have no reason t-"

"Woah woah, back it up. You were honestly going to tell me that we have no reason to hate him? For God's sake, Liam, are you out of your mind?"

"Maybe I am." I replied sharply. He took no notice of my reply and continued. 

"He turned everyone against you, even your family! Yes, I know this, don't think I'm not in on your backstory! Your family liked him better than you, and they basically wanted to switch children! Your siblings even hated you!"

...He was right, but I refused to let Niall and I's friendship go now because of what happened previously. Not after what we've recently went through together. Not after I told him everything and he told me everything. Not after we ran away together, not after I finally trusted someone. And definitely not after he pulled a gun on my father to save me, and has been the only one there for me.

"I still want you to be my friend, but if you don't like it, leave. Niall has been the only one there for me after everything in my life has gone wrong. My enemy has done more to comfort me in a minute than you have my whole life. When I was crying, overly depressed and just wanting to die, he was there for me. Where were you? Drinking and partying? That's what I thought."

He shot me a very cold look with angry, narrowed eyes. "How do you expect me to help you with your problems when you never tell me anything? Hmm?" He replied. "But, no, I don't like it, and I am going to leave. I don't ever want to see your face near me again, Liam. Go die in a hole."

God; he sounded like an angry ex-girlfriend. 

With that, he got up and left. I shouted after him, "It's been nice knowing you, bitch!" 

I found Niall at the other end of the bar and sighed.

"Well," I bit my lower lip. "Looks like I've got a new enemy..."