Chapter Thirty-Two - Make-Ups & Snowball Fights

(written by MrsNiallHoran :3)

-- Niall's POV --

Liam paused, his mouth gaping at my uncertain expression. "You don't believe me." he said quietly. "I can't believe you don't believe me."

"How can you expect me to just instantly believe you, Liam? If you were in my position, you wouldn't believe me either!" I cried. I hate fighting with him. I hate it so much, but just like any normal couple, we get into fights like this. It's almost like the universe hates us, however, for letting all these things happen. For sending so many people to interfere with our relationship and make us angry and upset with each other. "I know what I saw, Liam, and it was pretty convincing."

"Niall, please don't do this." he begged, shaking his head, puppy-like brown eyes sad. It sent a pang of sadness straight to my heart. "We don't have to fight like this. Just believe me. You know I'd never do something like that. She just threw herself at me and I tried to fight her off." he defended. "Come on. You know me. You know I'm not like that."

I bit my lower lip. I didn't want to believe that Isabelle would do such a thing, simply because her and I were such close friends for a while. And then she joined the whole Horan Haters club and our friendship disappeared. Now she's trying to steal my man? She was probably only ever friends with me to get to him. I sprang up off the couch and threw my arms around him, practically tackling him to the ground with the force of my love. Liam was surprised for a moment but his arms quickly wrapped around me, strong and protective, keeping me warm and safe. "I know." I whispered. "I know you're not like that."

"I can understand why you wouldn't believe me." he murmured. "It was a pretty compromising situation." he said, and I felt him press his lips in my hair at the top of my head. "But I love you and no matter what, I'll always fight for you. I'll fight to keep you until the day I die."

I smiled and just enjoyed being in his arms, where I was loved and welcomed. Though we made up, I still had this feeling that it wasn't fair that we should have so many challenges in our relationship. All the stuff we've gone through in such a short time... Fate must just be testing us. Testing our love. Throwing all these problems at us so that we can make it through them together and see just how real our love is. But why can't we just be happy for once? It seems that just as we become happy, something else has to jump in our way and ruin it. Like our cute little speeches about being together forever... I was so happy about all of that, so happy to think of the possibility that we could live together when we graduate and just enjoy our relationship, but then Isabelle has to screw shit up again.

Oh well. I think that it's these fights that make our relationship stronger. After all, if we didn't truly love each other, we wouldn't be able to recover from it all, and each fight takes more and more love to get through. I don't really know how to explain it, but I know that I've never been more in love in my whole life. I've never cared for anybody or anything half as much as I care for Liam.

When we finally pulled out of the hug, I prodded his winter jacket thoughtfully. The snow seemed to have let up a bit, and truth be told, I did love snow. As long as it wasn't a blizzard like it practically was when he left, I was happy. "Wanna go out again?" I asked. He agreed and I pulled on my gloves and winter boots, glad that I'd picked all of this up at my mum's house before she burnt it - or else I'd have to buy all new stuff for winter. We both pulled on cute little hats, the fluffy kind with the little tassles, and went outside. The snow was perfect for a snowballs, and so I rolled up a ball of snow and, while he was turned around, threw it at him. It hit him in right in between his shoulder blades and he turned to face me, smirking while I snickered. He bent down, scooping up some snow, and I squeaked, dashing away to avoid what I knew was coming.