Chapter Six - "Can I Tell You Something?"

(written by MrsNiallHoran :3)

-- Niall's POV --

I nodded slowly, understanding. Gooodddd my head is KILLING me! I sighed and dropped my head onto the table.

"Are you okay, Niall?" I heard Liam ask. I groaned in reply.

We ate our food and went back to the hotel. I pulled the blankets on my bed over my head, whimpering in pain. "Leeeyuum!" I called out. A minute later, I felt the other side dip and the blanket was pulled off my head. Liam frowned and handed me a tylenol and a glass of water. I took them both and swallowed the small pill easily.

Liam sighed worriedly and went to get up, but I grabbed onto his wrist, tears running down my face at the intensity of the pain throbbing in my head. "Cuddle with me." I whined softly. He smiled and laid me back down, then got under the blankets and pulled me towards him, arms looped tightly around my waist. I snuggled up against him, resting my forehead on his chest as he set his chin on top of my head. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath.

One of his arms pulled away and he ran his fingers through my hair. It relaxed me to the point where I drifted back to sleep.

When I woke up, Liam was still holding me tightly. My headache was still present but slightly duller. I could hear his soft snores and light breathing, alerting me that he was asleep.

I slowly pried his arms off me, very carefully so as to not wake him up. I carefully got out of bed, pausing and stopping whenever he stirred, and got up.

I stretched my arms up to the sky and went up on my tiptoes. I yawned just as, despite my efforts to keep him asleep, Liam sat up and rubbed his eyes.

He smiled sleepily, a deep warmth shining in his chocolate brown eyes. "Feeling better, Ni?"

I smiled back. "Sort of."

He was silent afterwards and his eyes held a thoughtful, faraway look. He was definitely thinking about something, but what? I was curious. He glanced over at me and then looked down, blushing furiously. What's that all about? Suddenly he looked back up, eyes meeting mine, and smiled shyly.

"Niall... Can I tell you something?"