Chapter Twenty-Five - Enough is enough.

butterfliess

Liam's POV

The next day, I found out that my mom let Niall stay home for a few days. He would be home alone, since my mom had work today and - no matter how much I wanted to stay with Niall and sing to him all day long - I had school. 

I made my way down the street and to the school, and to my relief, Harry wasn't anywhere to be seen. Good. If he was and saw Niall wasn't, he was sure to make up a hateful comment. If that happened, I'd be sure to kill him. 

As I walked into the school, several people were asking why Niall wasn't here. The group of 'Horan Haters' had came up to me and said stuff like, "Why isn't Niall here? Did he kill himself? Good" and "Oh, is Niall not here because he's out cheating on you? That's probably why" and "Niall's not here because he has to work today at his job at a male strip club". I pushed all the comments aside, trying to hold back my anger. 

"Hi, Liam." A familiar feminine voice rung in my ears. I spun around and stared at her. Isabelle. 

Neither of us smiled. "Um... Hi?" I said awkwardly.

"Why isn't Niall here?"

I didn't answer her question because her shirt caught my eye. It was plain white but had bright red letters, however I couldn't see them because of her sweater. She repeated her question but I ignored it again. 

"What does your shirt say?" I finally asked in a quiet voice.

She stared down at it with a blank expression. "It's just a shirt that I got from a club I'm in."

I could see some of the letters; There was an N... and a few A's... and some H's... As I thought it for a bit longer, puzzled, I was still at loss for what it could say.

"What club?" I questioned. 

She shrugged. "A club."

She didn't have her backpack and I was so curious that I ended up ripping off her jacket and blankly staring at her shirt. 

I'm a proud Horan Hater.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "How joyful Niall will be when he figures out you've turned on him." I muttered under my breath.

"Hey, all the stuff Harry said was true."

I shot her a very intense look with narrowed eyes. My expression was a mix of anger, shock, and hatred. 

"You honestly believe him? He's a liar. Niall would never do something like that."

"You don't get it, do you, Liam? Harry's telling the truth. You should probably consider believing him unless you want your heart broken." 

I shoved her aside. "Wow, Isabelle. I love Niall, and I actually know that he'd never do something like that. You, on the other hand, know absolutely nothing about him. I bet you don't even know what he's been through all his life, do you?"

That shut her up.

---

When I got home from school, my mom still wasn't home but I heard crying from upstairs. 

Niall!

I dashed up the stairs, leaving my backpack on the ground. I ran through the hall to my room and as I opened the door, I immediately froze in the doorway.

There was glass everywhere - the TV was smashed and on the ground, my lamps and my blankets and pillows were scattered all over the floor... Everything was either on the ground or broken. Even my bed seemed a bit out of shape. 

But what really struck me in the face was Niall. He was sitting there curled up on the floor sobbing. I, not taking any notice to the glass on the floor, shot to his side and sat on the floor next to him. I tried to get him to uncurl, but he refused.

"Niall! Niall, what happened?! Did someone break in?!" I asked frantically. He finally sprawled out on the floor and revealed cuts all over his head, legs, arms, feet, everywhere. There were fresh bruises over him too. "Niall! Please talk to me!" 

There was blood all over him. "Niall, who did this!" I continued to say.

He finally choked out, "Harry..."

"Harry did this to you?"

He nodded, expression blank with pain. His eyes were shut tight. 

Harry had taken this way too far. He crossed the line. He could punch and hurt me all he wanted, but it was a mistake to lay a finger on Niall. He was gonna get it now.

Enough is enough.