Chapter Twelve - A Father's Upcoming Visit

(written by MrsNiallHoran :3)

-- Niall's POV --

I smiled and threw my arms around Liam. Now my tears were happy as I nodded vigorously. I pulled away to shake his mum's hand, but she pulled me into a hug. "Thank you so much, Mrs. Payne."

"Soon to be Ms. Payne." she corrected, chuckling softly.

Liam led me upstairs to his room and opened the door. I looked around and couldn't help but laugh at the Toy Story posters on the walls and the Toy Story bedding. He had a huge turtle-shaped bean bag chair in the corner of the room, which I wasn't surprised to see. Toy Story and turtles - his two favourite things in the entire world. "You're such a child." I teased as I looked around.

He rolled his eyes, smirking. "I'm more of an adult than you."

I was about to reply when the ringing of my phone stopped me. I checked the caller I.D and then answered it excitedly. "Hey, Dad!"

"Hey, sport. How are you doing?" my father asked cheerfully from the other line. I was much closer to him than I was to my mother. After all, she thought I was a mistake and my dad was proud of me.

"Awesome. When are you coming to visit?"

"I was thinking this weekend. That's what I called to talk about. Is that good with your mother?"

"I don't live with mum anymore. This weekend is perfect! I'll meet you at the airport and show you where I live now. There's so much that I want to tell you! I can't wait!" 

I heard him chuckle on the other line. "It's great to hear you so happy, Ni. I'll fly down Friday morning and should be here an hour or so after you finish school. We'll meet at the airport and you can tell me why you're so happy."

"Perfect! I'll see you then." I replied, practically buzzing with excitement.

"Alright. I love you, son. Bye."

"Bye Dad!" I then hung up and slipped my phone back in my pocket, looking at Liam with a beaming smile. "My dad's coming to visit this weekend!" I announced excitedly. 

Liam chuckled. "What do you think he's going to say about us?"

My smile faltered. I'd totally forgotten about that. My dad wasn't exactly the most understanding guy. I hadn't seen him since before I'd come out, so he didn't know about it. I didn't think he'd approve. I frowned, biting my lower lip. "I... I don't know." 

Liam frowned too. "What do you mean, you don't know?"

"The last time he saw me, I still thought I was straight as an arrow. I don't know if he'll approve." I replied quietly. "But it doesn't matter if he does or not. I love you and nothing is going to change that."