Chapter Thirty-Five - Be Your Everything

(butterfliess)

(AUTHORS NOTE: okay! so, guys, both MrsNiallHoran and I really hope that you've enjoyed the sequel. This is the last chapter! Woo! BUT there will be a sequel.)

Liam's POV

EIGHT MONTHS LATER...

"Let go of me!" Niall squealed as I held him tight in my grip. I wrapped a blindfold around his eyes and chuckled at his failed attempts to get away. 

"Shh, just trust me!" I replied. "I've got a surprise for you."

He sighed and finally relaxed as I led him out the door. I shut the door with my foot, not bothering to unlock it, and stumbled down the steps. It was snowing lightly outside and it was dark, so I took a flashlight with us. But it being dark was my plan. I thought for a second and became so paranoid I had to feel around my back pocket to make sure half of my surprise was still there. It sure was. Good, thank God. I led him down the somewhat icy street and he stopped fighting me, but he was constantly asking me if he was going to run into a pole. I always said no and finally told him that I'd never let him run into a pole unless I was angry at him. And, honestly... Who could be mad at him for more than a few seconds? I sure couldn't... I was always afraid that if I stayed upset at him for too long he'd think I didn't love him anymore and leave me. That was my worst fear; him leaving me. I begun to think of all the things we've been through together... Niall James Horan. He was mine. He was the boy who literally saved my life. If he hadn't pulled a gun on my dad, I'd be dead for sure. And if my dad wouldn't kill me, I'd be the one killing myself. I don't know what I'd do without him; he's my everything. Literally. I begun to cry a little just thinking about where I'd be without him. I tried my hardest not to sniffle, because then he'd know I was crying and he'd get worried, and I don't like to worry him. But, it escaped from me and I sniffled loudly. He immediately stopped walking and took off the blindfold.

"Liam, what's wrong?" He asked, turning towards me. His voice and his expression was full of so much concern and worry that I just couldn't lie to him and say I was alright. I sniffled lightly again and sighed.

"Not-" I stopped. My voice was scratchy just because of the brief moment I was crying. I sounded horrible. "I..." As soon as he heard my voice his expression twisted into the saddest expression I've ever seen and he opened his arms and hugged me tightly.

"You can tell me, Liam."

"I was just thinking about... Our lives together. Remember how you pulled a gun on my dad? I would have died right then and there if you didn't do that. I honestly didn't know you were that brave, Niall. I didn't know you had the guts to pull a gun on somebody."

"Love can make you do crazy things, Li." He smiled warmly. "Like, how you totally showed Harry who's boss? I'll never forget that."

I shrugged. "That's true.... But I only did that because it hurt me to see you so upset. I couldn't take it for another second. He needed to be taught a lesson. In my defense, he deserved it completely. I assure you he won't ever pick on you again. He knows what'll happen."

"He sure did deserve it." Niall chuckled. "Oh, if he dares pick on me? I'll sick my Li on him. He better be afraid."

We both laughed together for a while before ending our conversation. I pulled the blindfold back over his eyes and we continued walking for what seemed to be a year, when in reality we hadn't even been walking for thirty minutes. I searched around my front pockets for my phone and pulled it out, checking the time. 8:23 PM. Awesome. We were supposed to get to the surprise around 8:30; I planned it just like that. And we weren't far from it. I was literally shaking; I was so excited to see his reaction, but I was so nervous to see what his answer would be. I had a very special question to ask him. One that would change both of our lives forever. Okay, that sounded really cliche, but I don't care. I felt around my back pocket again to make sure it was still there, and it was. Everything was currently going according to plan; except our little conversation back there. I hadn't planned that. Other than that, everything was going perfect. And Niall still hadn't run into a pole.