Chapter Twenty-Three - "A piece of my mind."

(MRSNIALLHORAN HOW COULD YOU. I CRIED WHILE READING THAT. /slap)

butterfliess

Liam's POV

Tears immediately begun to stream down my face. I needed to prove to Niall that I loved him more than anything, and I didn't believe anything Harry said. 

"Niall, I'm sorry. I..." I paused, grabbing his shoulders. "I don't know why I didn't say anything, but I love you too much to let you walk off like this. How can I prove to you that I didn't believe Harry and never will? If anyone, Harry's the slut here. I forgive you for what's been done in the past. It doesn't matter anymore, because I love you more than life itself. I need you... I can't let you go. Not because of my stupid actions."

Niall said nothing, only looked off into the distance, refusing to make eye contact.

I sighed deeply, trying to fight back tears. I let go of his shoulders and let my arms hang at my sides. "You know what, Niall... I don't want to let you go. I love you so much. Maybe I should just leave. I'm worthless and if I'm worthless, I'm definitely not worth your love. My stupid, stupid, STUPID actions caused this, and... I'm very sorry. But I'm not worth your tears... I'm not worthy enough to get the key to your heart. Maybe I should just leave... I'm really not worth you. And I'm sorry. I love you dearly, and not saying anything was a huge mistake, but-" I choked on a few tears and became unable to finish.

"I'm sorry." I finally said. "No matter what happens, though, I still love you... and always will."

I was so disappointed in myself. I pulled in for a hug and to my surprise, Niall didn't refuse. When we pulled away, his lips curled into a smile and he leaned forwards and pressed his lips against mine. "That's all I needed to hear..." He whispered.

I smiled, wiping away the tears with my hands as the kiss ended. 

"I love you, Niall." I said quietly.

"I love you too." He replied. 

I was so glad he still loved me... Even just knowing he was upset with me made me lost on which path to take. Him being upset with me made me feel so... Wrong. Everything felt wrong when he was angry. I only felt happy when he was happy.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have something to do that I should have a while ago."

"What?" Niall said, hands-on-hips.

"I have to give Harry something."

"What?" He repeated.

"A piece of my mind."

---

I asked Niall to go back to my house and wait for me there, and he did so. I went to Harry's house and asked for him to come outside. 

"So, you've finally come back to my side?" He asked. 

"Nope." I replied simply. His triumphant expression faded quickly. 

I readied my hand in a fist and with all my power, thrusted it forward right across his jaw, which caused him to fall to the ground. I kicked him with huge force a few times before leaning down, picking him up by the jacket, and punching him again and again for a few minutes before stopping. He didn't fight back, not once.

I could tell he was badly hurt and I picked him up by the jacket again. Bruises were already forming- he was bleeding from a few scratches I had given him. 

"So, do you still think Niall's a slut? Do you still want to lead your little group of 'Horan Haters' around, calling him all this stupid shit? Do you think if I hear one more stupid fucking comment from you about Niall talking shit about him, I won't come after you again? If you think I won't fucking kill you, you're wrong. Okay?"

He nodded slowly, obviously in a lot of pain. 

I wasn't sorry.

"That's what I thought." I said. "And if you tell anyone about what I've done here, don't think I won't come do it again. I will, and I'm not afraid to. If anyone asks, say you were mauled by a dog, mkay?" I added, tone turning a little sarcastic. He nodded again and I dropped him.

---

The next day at school, I was walking around with Niall and he kept on asking me what I said or did to Harry. I pushed back his questions as Harry came around the corner, bruises fresh. 

"Holy shit Liam, did you do that?"

"Maybe." I said quietly, wrapping an arm around his waist. "But in my defense, he deserved it. Shoulda' not talked shit about my man."