Chapter Thirty-Four - Graduation

(by MrsNiallHoran :3)

-- Niall's POV --

I sighed. "Liam, don't say that. Don't ever say that. You aren't worthless. You're worth more to me than my own life." I said truthfully. I leaned forward and kissed his lips softly. Our tears mingled together and I could taste them on his lips. "We may not be worth anything to anybody else, but we're worth the world to each other, and that's all that matters." 

Liam smiled and rested his forehead against mine, drawing in a deep breath. "You're amazing, Niall." he whispered, closing his eyes. I smiled back. "I'm like a lost ship, and you're like my lighthouse, guiding me through the darkness." 

"Nice analogy." I chuckled. "Very... Deep."

"Deep just like the rough sea that is life!" he replied in a dramatically wise tone.

I laughed. "Now that sounds like something Zayn would say." I said, and he laughed along. "C'mon, let's continue our party for two."

We played more music and danced around together, singing loudly to the songs we knew and laughing at each other's dance moves. 

********************************************************************************

"Which one do you like?"

"Why are we looking at them?"

Liam shrugged. "Just for fun." he replied.

I scanned the glass case, looking at all the rings. They were all too fancy for my liking. Until I spotted a simple silver band, engraved with Celtic markings, and with one simple diamond in the center. I smiled and pointed at it. "I like this one. It's so simple and beautiful." I said softly. 

"Just like you." he replied with a big smile, using the tip of his finger to lift up my chin so that I looked up at him, and kissed me softly.

A lady walked over with a smile almost as big as Liam's. "Hello, hello! Looking for the perfect ring, hmm? Allow me to help! Oh, you two are simply adorable! How long have you been together?"

I looked at Liam and shrugged. How long had it been? Probably about a month by now. "A month or so. Give or take."

"And getting married already? My, my, you must have an amazing connection. Then again, I can feel it between you two. Ah, it doesn't matter how long it's been. All that matters is the love." she said dreamily. "I can tell that you'll be together forever. So who's proposing to who, hmm?"

I chuckled awkwardly. "We're, uh, not getting married."

"Yet." Liam replied sweetly, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me into him. I blushed profusely. "How do you know that I'm not planning on proposing tomorrow? Like she said, it doesn't matter how long it's been. All that matters is our love." 

"But we're only kids, Liam."

"I know. I'm joking, love. But if all goes well, one day we will be married."

*************************************************************************

Graduation day.

Finally here.

I sighed and flicked the golden tassle on my hat out of my eyes. I was both excited and nervous. Excited to finally be done school. Nervous because I was the one who was doing the big speech to close the ceremony. "What if I mess up?"

"Stop fretting. You'll do great, babe." Liam replied, holding my hand with a brilliant smile. "Just think - in an hour or so, we'll be done school forever. And then we'll do like we planned. Go get a house together, just me and you, nothing to stop us and nothing to hold us back."