Chapter Twenty-Six - Liam Lays Down The Law

(written by MrsNiallHoran :3)

-- Niall's POV --

"Liam, don't..." I choked out, grabbing his hand as he turned away. "You'll just make it worse."

"No. I'm ending this now."

"W-Where are you going?" I asked, causing him to turn around. He looked thoughtful for a moment and then scooped me up into his arms, carrying me bridal style. He didn't answer my question. He just carried me downstairs, grabbed his mother's keys off of the kitchen table, and walked outside. He opened the door to her car and set me in the passenger's side, then got into the driver's side and started it, backing out of the driveway. "Liam, where are we g-going?" I asked again. Still no answer. His expression was disturbingly serious, his eyes borderline black with anger though his face was calm and blank in a frightening way. If I didn't love him so much, I'd be terrified. He looked ready to kill.

The car ride was silent. When we stopped, it was infront of a house. Liam got out and I did too, but he popped the boot of the car open. I waited for him, and my eyes widened when he returned with a big wooden baseball bat. He didn't say anything as he passed me and began walking, disturbingly slowly and calmly, up to the door. I followed him, chewing on my lower lip. "Niall, go sit in the car." he said softly without looking at me. "You don't want to see this."

I swallowed thickly. "What are you going to do?" 

"I'm going to finish this."

"H-How?" 

He didn't reply. He just walked up the porch steps, hesitating before he knocked on the door. "Go sit in the car." he repeated firmly. I didn't budge. He knocked on the door three times and then waited, staring at the door. His calm, serious expression was freaking me out. Suddenly the door opened and Harry's face appeared. Liam immediately grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, throwing him out onto the porch. Harry looked surprised as tripped and fell onto his back. Liam towered over him, baseball bat in hand, eyes practically black with his anger.

"Listen, bitch. I'm done with you." he said calmly. "I'm done with all of your shit. Attacking me is fine, but attacking Niall is a dire mistake that you've made a few too many times." he lifted a foot and placed it heavily on Harry's chest, holding him down so that he couldn't get up. "And no, I don't fight his battles for him. I fight our battles for us. I love this boy to death. His problems are now my problems and vice versa. I thought I'd already taught you a lesson, but it seems that you haven't learned a thing."

Harry coughed. Liam's foot on his chest was probably impairing his breathing. He looked up at Liam, eyes wide and with obvious fear. "I-I learned my lesson." he stuttered.

Liam laughed sharply - the sound was so cold and hollow, nothing like his usual laugh. It was like the laugh of a killer whom was amused at listening to his prey die. It scared me, honestly, but it scared Harry more. I could tell. "If you learned your lesson, then you wouldn't have dared to step foot anywhere near my house, much less attack Niall. Since you haven't learned your lesson," he began, holding the bat with one hand and patting it fondly with the other. "I'll have to beat it into you."

"Liam, I'm s-sorry!" Harry whimpered pathetically.

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to."

"Niall, I'm sorry for everything!" 

Liam smirked as he lifted his foot off of Harry. "That's not good enough. Do you really want to prove that you've learned your lesson?" he asked. Harry nodded vigorously as he got up. "Then tomorrow at school, during the assembly, you're going to get up on stage in front of everybody and apologize to Niall and tell everyone what a great and wonderful person he is. You're going to make sure that everybody knows those things you said weren't true, and you're going to make sure that everybody loves him again like they did before. You're also going to paint over the slander on his locker, get those stupid club t-shirts back from everybody who has one and throw them away, and you're going to be the founder of a new Niall Horan fanclub. If you fail to do these things, then I will hunt you down and so help me God, I will not stop until you're dead." he hissed coldly, his voice in itself terrifying. Like I said, if I didn't love him, I'd be scared. "Got it, Styles?"

Harry swallowed and nodded, the fear in his eyes even clearer now. "Got it." he replied quietly. 

"Good. Now get out of my sight." Liam growled. Harry quickly retreated back inside his house and Liam began calmly walking back to the car. I followed him, remaining silent until we were both in the car and he began driving. 

"Thanks for protecting me, Liam." I said softly, smiling over at him. "I love you."

"I love you too." he replied, returning the smile, his angry expression completely gone and replaced with a look of sweet adoration. "And thanks to Harry, so will the whole school."