nine.

❏— Chapter Nine
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ Drunk

Soobin never imagined himself carrying a drunk girl on his back in the middle of the night.

"Ugh, why did she have to drink so much?" He mumbles to himself, trying to keep Yeji from slipping off his back.

Yeji's nowhere near heavy and it actually feels like he's carrying nothing but since she's already drunk out of her mind to keep herself on his back, it makes the task of carrying her more difficult for him.

Soobin can only hear the sounds of crickets as he walks through the dark night. Good thing though that they won't get lost since Taehyun told him that Yeji's house is just a few houses down from his grandma's because getting lost in the middle of the night is the last thing that he wants to happen.

A sudden ring startled Soobin. The vibration on his pocket signalling that someone's calling him.

Oh great, how is he gonna answer the call?

It's alright if it's Beomgyu because he can explain what happened to him later but it's another case if it's his mom or dad calling him. He would be a dead meat if he didn't answer their call because it's what they always tell him that no matter where or whatever he's doing, he has to answer their call.

Soobin decided to stop walking to answer the phone call. He carefully lowered her down to a nearby bench, making sure that she's in a comfortable position.

He grabbed his phone from his pocket and to his relief, it's just Beomgyu because he doesn't want to be bombarded with questions on why he didn't answer his phone on the first ring.

Soobin answered the call, "Why are you calling Gyu?"

"Why do I feel like I'm interrupting something important?" Beomgyu replied back with a question.

"What the? What are you talking about?" Soobin chuckled nervously, not knowing where the nervousness came from.

"Nothing, I just had this feeling that this is not the right time to call."

"Are you a psychic? Where are you getting those thoughts from?"

"Well---" Beomgyu stopped whatever he was trying to say when he heard someone groaning from the background.

Soobin facepalmed himself when Yeji suddenly groaned --- she's waking up.

"Wait wait!" Beomgyu exclaimed, "Who was that? Who just groaned in the background? Choi Soobin tell me the truth!"

Soobin clicked his tongue, already feeling a headache coming, "No one, I'll explain everything to you later okay?"

"Yah Soobin-ah---"

"Bye Gyu!" Soobin immediately ended the call, letting out a sigh of relief.

Why the hell is he panicking? And why is his heart beating fast? It's not like he did anything wrong.

Soobin puts his phone back to his pocket, looking at the girl beside him.

She currently has her head lying on the bench but this time, she's awake. Soobin stares back at the girl who's smiling widely at him.

"Hi!" Yeji squeaks followed by a hiccup. "Why are you upside down? Or am I the one who's upside down?"

Soobin just stares at her, not knowing how to deal with a drunk person.

Yeji points her finger at Soobin. "Hey do I know you?" Soobin just nodded.

"Really?" Yeji narrows her eyes at him, not fully believing him but her eyes glints with recognition a few seconds later.