eighteen.

❏— Chapter Eighteen
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ Cockblock

"Why is there a rooster in my room?" Beomgyu mumbled.

Soobin glanced weirdly at his best friend --- uncertain whether he's already awake or he's just sleep talking.

Beomgyu rolled around the bed for a few seconds before opening his eyes, realizing that there's no actual rooster in the room and he's just hearing it croaking outside.

"Did you even sleep?" Beomgyu croaked out as he sees his best friend leaning back against the headboard with his laptop propped up on his lap --- yes he's watching another series yet again. Give him a drama title and he will gladly write a review about it since he probably watched it already (read the first two episodes only before switching to another series).

"Yep, slept for about an hour and so." Soobin half shrugged, his eye bags looking darker again.

Beomgyu grabbed the pillow beside him to hit Soobin with it, "You know what --- I just want to knock you out sometimes so you can sleep peacefully."

"It's only 6, why are you threatening me this early morning?" Soobin asked in between laughs as he tried to avoid the pillow that he's being hit with.

Beomgyu stopped hitting him after he realizes he's tired already, "You're lucky I'm still sleepy or else --- I will literally knock you out and tie you to your bed so you will have no choice but to sleep."

Soobin shook his head at his best friend's empty threats. He just babbles a lot of nonesense in the morning.

Soobin suddenly hears another loud sound coming from outside, he's been hearing a lot of noises earlier and he's starting to get curious about it.

He gets up from his bed and walk towards his large window, opening it to take a good look at what's happening outside.

There he sees a lot of villagers carrying what seems to be crates and boxes full of vegetables and fruits at the back of a pick up truck --- recognizing Mr. Lee who picked them up at the port during his first day at the village.

"What's the fuss all about?"

Soobin's shoulders jerked a little after Beomgyu suddenly whispered from beside him. "I don't know."

"Soo dear." A gentle knock on the door distracts them from what's happening outside.

Soobin quickly went to open the door and was met by his grandmother's gentle smile which faltered at the sight of Soobin, "Oh goodness why are your eye bags a lot darker today? Haven't you slept well last night?"

"Oh it's nothing grandma, I just stayed up late because of the drama that I've been watching." Soobin lied, fiddling with his fingers hidden behind his back.

His grandmother looked at him suspiciously before sighing, knowing fully well that Soobin's not telling her the actual truth, "Anyway, can you boys come down and help me at the garden?"

Soobin and Beomgyu quickly agreed and went down to the garden --- still in their pj's with their bed hair.

"What's with the rush grandma?" Beomgyu quietly asked as he watches her picking the fully bloomed flowers by cutting the stems with garden scissors.

She answered by instructing them to carefully pick the flowers and to put them seperately inside the boxes laid out in front of them.

Soobin sent a curious look towards his grandmother. "Why do you need these much flowers anyway grandma?"

"Silly boy. They're not for me --- I need to send these flowers to the main town because it's time for the annual summer festival again." His grandmother explained, "They're gonna be needing a lot of these for the decorations and of course, to sell some."