twenty.

❏- Chapter Twenty
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ You Were Beautiful

"Can you not tell the boys about what happened earlier?" Soobin asked quietly, looking at the girl beside him.

"Of course." Yeji simply hummed.

Their arms were gently swinging between them as they make their way to the concert with Yeji tugging Soobin closer to her when the crowd becomes too thick.

Soobin doesn't mind that, he feels safer knowing that he won't be carried away by the crowd. There are some moments where he will be the one walking closer to the girl because of the people getting too closer for his comfort.

They reached the concert and just like earlier --- people are jumping around while singing along to the song that the band on stage is currently playing.

Thanks to Soobin's height and Yeonjun's blue hair --- he easily spotted his friends near the front.

"Seungmin's band will perform after them." Yeji tiptoed, almost shouting in Soobin's ear so he will hear her over the loud music.

Soobin gulped at Yeji's close proximity, feeling nervous and giddy all of a sudden. It's probably just his nerves. Yeah. Nerves.

Soobin opened his mouth to respond but no sound came out so he just nodded and avoided her eyes.

He glanced down and his eyes widened at their hands--- because somehow along the way, their fingers became loosely intertwined.

Yeji was the one who did that right? Because Soobin didn't notice how it happened.

"Soobin-ah, you okay?" Yeji hesitated, squeezing his hands when she noticed how the boy suddenly stiffened. "We don't have to watch if you don't want to."

"Uh no, it's okay." Soobin cleared his throat, trying to avoid her eyes, "I'm really fine now, let's go to the boys."

"Okay then." Yeji nodded before tugging Soobin back when he was about to walk away, "Wait."

Soobin blinked at her, confused. "What?"

"Let me lead the way."

Soobin's lips twitched into a smile as he walks behind her. She's a lot smaller and shorter than him but it looks like she's the one protecting him --- hiding him behind her as they squeeze their way through the tough and excited crowd.

"Hi guys!" Yeji shouted over the music when they finally reached where the boys were.

"Well hello to you too." Beomgyu greeted back, beaming at them.

Soobin can't help but let out a frustrated sigh. It's Beomgyu and his teasing again. Soobin should just get used to it honestly because he knows that his best friend will never stop.

Soobin thinks that sooner or later, Beomgyu will make a fanclub dedicated to the both of them --- he's weird like that.

At least Beomgyu didn't notice them holding hands or else, Soobin will not hear the end of it.

"I like your shirt hyung! Where did you--- Oh!" Kai's eyes widened with realization as he noticed the matching shirts the two were wearing. "Nevermind."

Kai turned to face Taehyun before they giggled quietly to themselves, very typical of them. Soobin hopes they won't join in the teasing because Beomgyu could easily rubbed on them.

Soobin suddenly felt Yeji swing their hands excitedly as she shouts on the top of her lungs.

"It's their turn already! Go Seungmin-ah!"