twenty-three.

❏- Chapter Twenty-three
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ first kiss

[ tw : mentions of terminal illness ]

Soobin fought the urge to close his eyes again after coming face to face with the person he's been thinking about the past week. The reason why he had an even hard time getting a shut eye.

"What are you doing here?"

That came out harsher than Soobin intended to but that didn't falter Yeji's smile on her face.

"Hi! Did you miss me?" She grinned at him as she looked down at him, her hair was surprisingly down --- she looks pretty.

Soobin took his gaze away from her, standing up from the folding bed and immediately towering over Yeji.

Yes, I did.

Soobin wants to say it but he's kinda angry that she didn't inform him that she's going somewhere.

Psh.

She could've told him or she could've texted him but instead, he only got to know about it from Taehyun and Kai.

"No." He deadpanned, looking at her emotionlessly.

"Oh, but I did." Yeji's mouth formed into a pout as she looks at him.

Shit there's that weird feeling again.

"Whatever." Soobin mumbled, turning away from her to go inside.

He's just not in the mood to talk to her, not when he's that annoyed at her. Sounds really petty but it's really what he's feeling at the moment.

"Wait--- AH!"

Soobin stopped on his tracks and hurriedly turn around when he heard Yeji's scream.

He quickly walk toward her as he saw her kneeling on the ground.

Yeji looked up at him with a pout, "I tripped."

Soobin gently grabbed her shoulders as he helped her get up to her feet.

He shook his head disapprovingly after noticing that she scraped her palms and he's quite sure that her knees would be in the same condition as well.

He made her sit on the folding bed first before he went inside to grab the first-aid kit.

Yeji had already rolled up her pants when he gets back, her knees looks even worst because of the impact from the fall.

Soobin kneeled down beside her to tend to her wounds.

"Don't press too hard, it hurts!" Yeji whined for the nth time while holding Soobin's wrist.

"I'm not!" Soobin claimed but dabbed the cotton ball gently this time.

"That's what you get from being clumsy." Soobin whispered but Yeji heard it clearly, flicking his forehead hard, "Ah! What did you do that for?!"

Soobin looked at her, confused, while rubbing his forehead.

"You deserve it! It's your fault why I fell down!" Yeji accused, narrowing her eyes at him.

"How is it my fault?" Soobin asked, feeling attacked all of a sudden.

"If you weren't so obvious about being angry at me and if you didn't try to avoid me, I wouldn't have fell down while stopping you from leaving!" Yeji let out a deep breath after saying that in one go.

Wow. That's probably the first time Soobin saw her look angry.

"So you're the angry one this time?" Soobin bit his lips to stop himself from smiling as he teased her, "Okay I'm sorry."