twenty-four.

❏— Chapter Twenty-Four
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ pinky promise

Soobin was sitting on the couch as Yeji talks with Mrs. Woo when he caught sight of a little boy coming out of a room while hugging a stuffed bunny.

Soobin almost wanted to coo at the kid as he wobble his way sleepily towards the couch with his curly hair bouncing with every step.

As soon as he noticed Soobin, he made his way to him as fast as his little legs could carry him. He placed his little hands on top of the couch to lift himself up and seeing that he's obviously struggling --- Soobin grabbed his sides and gently lifted him up the couch.

"Hi!" The kid chirped brightly, waving his little hands.

"Hello!" Soobin replied, beaming brightly at the adorable boy beside him.

"Who aw you?" The kid asked, looking at Soobin curiously.

"I'm Soobin. You're Hyeongjun right?"

"Yes! Junnie's twee!" He said, holding up four little fingers.

Soobin chuckled at the cute mistake, reaching out his hand to fold a finger. "There. That's three, you held up an extra one."

Hyeongjun glanced at his fingers before nodding, "Oh! But Junnie's awmos' fow!"

Soobin hummed, smiling, "I can tell you're so excited for your birthday."

Hyeongjun nodded enthusiastically, his fluffy hair's bouncing again, "Mommy say Junnie can haf' choc'wit cake!"

"Yes he can!" Soobin shifted his gaze from Hyeongjun to Mrs. Woo who's now wearing her nurse uniform making her way towards her son who already has his arms up, waiting to be held.

Hyeongjun's giggles can heard through the whole room as his mother attacks him with kisses.

Soobin looked at the mother-son interaction adoringly, but a part of him's sad. He misses his mother --- he never would say it loud to her though, not wanting to know whether she would say it back.

He's been in the village for almost a month already but the only time his mother ever contacted was to imform him about their plan to send him to the US to study. That conversation didn't went well --- he barely got to talk to her because she was so busy shouting at her poor secretary about this and that.

At least she called him though, unlike his father but he never expected to get a call from him anyways. He's too busy running their business empire to spare Soobin a time of his day.

But that's okay.

Soobin understands.

He's doing it for their family and Soobin's grateful for that.

Yeji's voice then distracted him from his thoughts, "Soobin, Mrs. Woo said she would be going now."

That startled him, he must have been too far in his thoughts that he didn't notice Mrs. Woo talking to him. He instantly got up from the couch, bidding her goodbye and telling her to be careful on her way to work.

"What do you wanna do this time bunny?" Yeji asked as soon as they returned to the living room after bidding goodbye to Mrs. Woo outside.

Hyeongjun giggled after hearing her nickname for him before answering, "Powowo! Powowo!"

"You wanna watch Pororo again? But we watched it too last time?"

Hyeongjun pouted and stomped his feet at her words making Yeji and Soobin laugh, "Powowoooo!"