thirty-two.

❏- Chapter Thirty-Two
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ Plan

Shocked is an understatement.

"A-are you real?" Soobin sputtered out. He almost smacked himself on the forehead for that nonesense. Of course, he's real! Dimwit! "Uh─ I mean what are you doing here hyung?"

His brother, Minhyuk, said nothing and walked closer to their grandmother. Soobin stilled as he watched him clutch her hand in his with a look of absolute concern in his eyes.

"The doctor said grandma's okay, she just need to rest here for the mean time─ Hyung?" Soobin spoke quietly when Minhyuk stayed silent for a couple of minutes.

Minhyuk lets go of her hand and faced him. Once again, Soobin faced his brother whom people would often say that could pass off as his twin. Soobin does agree but he would say that he's more like the taller and softer version of his brother whose musculine physique shows the effect of his years worth footbal training.

Minhyuk looks just the same as he did when Soobin saw him last Christmas but he in fact knows that his brother's not supposed to be here.

"I'm sorry for coming here suddenly without informing you," Minhyuk started, his gaze unwavering.

"Oh..." Soobin blinked a few times. "You don't have to apologize hyung but uhm─ does mom and dad know you're here? I haven't called them yet but I guess you should tell them about grandma."

"No, they don't," Minhyuk said simply which confused Soobin even more. "And they don't need to know anything."

"What? Why?" Soobin couldn't stop himself from asking a series of questions because in his defense, his brother is not supposed to be there.

Minhyuk let out a sigh before grabbing Soobin's shoulders to stop him from blabbering anymore. "Look, Soobin. I'll answer your questions tomorrow. I think you should rest first, because from the way I see it, it'll be a lot to take in."

"I'm fine hyung. You can explain everything to me now," Soobin said with a determined tone.

Minhyuk almost gave in because of the determined look on his brother's face but stood by with what he said earlier.

"No more questions okay? Rest first. You look really tired and what the- did you drink?" Minhyuk scrunched up his nose when he smelled the scent of alcohol lingering on Soobin.

Soobin subtly smelled his shirt before nodding shyly. "Uh- yes, hyung. There was a small gathering back in the village and I may have drank a few shots."

Few my ass. Soobin wanted to curse the voice in his head. Yes, he's aware that the amount of liquors he drank were far from few. Hence, he was wasted earlier but he didn't need to tell his brother that.

"Wait, you went there? By your own will?" Minhyuk asked with raised brow. Soobin saw how the side of his lips twitched up momentarily, as if he's trying not to smile.

"Yes, hyung," Soobin nodded, his lips in a slight pout. Who could blame him? It looks like Minhyuk wanted to tease him even more. "I made some few friends in the village."

"That's great. At least now, you won't have to spend your whole summer cooped up inside your room, playing video games with Beomgyu who Mr. Hong dislikes, I believe, for a reason."

"I think Mr. Hong's still holding a grudge at Beomgyu for almost flooding the whole second floor when we were in middle school."

Soobin snorted at the memory of them getting in big trouble when Beomgyu thought that a bubble bath party was a good idea. It was indeed fun but when the bubbles got outside the bathroom ─ that's a different story that resulted to the whole household panicking, specifically Mr. Hong, their butler. They were lucky though that his parents were on a business trip that time and the second floor was already as good as new when they got back.