Chapter IV

[Edited 5/9/2020]

Ed's P.O.V

As I packed my mind drifted between things, but mostly my conversation I had with Karma earlier. The look I'm her eyes was so sincere and then I got to see her entire face. She was honestly quite pretty. 'Oh come on Ed, don't think such things!' I scolded myself.

"She is only in this mess because of me. I walk around and bring everyone down with me." I said quietly.

"Brother you shouldn't talk like that. I don't believe that is true either. Karma was only looking out for your safety. After all that was why you guys were partnered up." Al said. I looked at my disassembled younger brother with a small smile.

"Yeah I guess you are right. Still doesn't help my guilt though." I said as I shut my suitcase.

"I think you should be focusing on what happens when we go back home, Winry will definitely kill us." Al said with fear in his voice. I sweat dropped nervously.

"Maybe she won't cause we are bringing her a new customer." I said with a weak smile. We both gulped dramatically still fearing for our lives.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

I went and packed up grabbing some stuff from the house I shared with Roy. When I came back downstairs from my room Roy was there waiting for me.

"You really sure you should leave so early? You really shouldn't be traveling in your condition." Roy said sounding like an overly worried parent.

"It will be alright Mom, I will have plenty of help around if I need it." I said with a bit of attitude.

Roy chuckled at my sas and took my little suitcase from me. Roy then pulled out my mask handing it to me and pulling up my hood.

"Armstrong will be with you and I informed him of your situation, you can trust him. Even so, don't let your guard down or reveal your face in public. We can't take any risks whatsoever." Roy said kneeling down to my height and looking me dead in the eyes.

I carefully walked up to him and gave him a hug. "You really act like my mom. Jeez." I said with a small snicker. Roy gently returned the gesture.

"I think I have every right. I practically raised you. Hughes barely helped at all." Roy said with a slight pout at the end. A knock rang at the door.

"Well I'm guessing that is my ride." I said. Roy nodded in agreement helping me put on my jacket. I opened the door seeing Alex.

Roy handed my bag off to my new body guard, that's what it kinda looked like it anyways. After that we headed out to the train station. I sat in the front not feeling the need to be squished in the back.

We got to the train station, Armstrong told us to go ahead while he puts Al in the cargo. I grabbed my water bottle and some pain killers but I ran into a problem.

"Hey Fullmetal, mind helping me out here?" I asked Ed gesturing to the pain killers and water.

"Yeah sure thing, but ya know you don't have to call me by my title. I think we are past the whole formal part. Just call me Ed." Ed said. I smiled a little.