Chapter XIV

(Y/N) P.O.V

We arrived in Central, I stayed quiet the whole ride, lost in my own thoughts. I caught Ed taking glances at me, looked like he wanted to say something but I never let him get a chance.

Once we got off the train, Ling's body guards started getting frantic because the precious prince had wondered off without us noticing. The four of us anyhow didn't really care so we just walked off.

"Well I guess we should head to the military offices to check in first." Ed said. I could feel sweat drop down my forehead.

"Well I think I will go over to the Hughes house and pay a visit to Gracia and Elicia." Winry said. I clenched my fists tightly. I checked out the words to try and stop her.

"W-Why don't you tag along with us? I'm sure they are busy since it is the middle of the day." I said stuttering with a nervous tone hiding within my words.

"It wouldn't hurt to go check then just meet up with you guys later. See ya!" Winry ran off to the Hughes house and I felt like i was about to die. All this nervous anticipation made my blood start to boil in a different way. It wasn't painful and destructive like the last time my blood boiled, it was more calm and subtle.

"The marshals office right? This way!" Ed exclaimed as he and Al started jogging towards the building. I followed them just speed walking. We were in the park where I last saw Hughes. I quickened my pace and closed my eyes as we passed the phone booth I remember so well from that dreadful night.

When we walked in the building, we bumped into Hawkeye on the way up.

"Lieutenant Hawkeye what are you doing here?" Ed asked surprised.

"Oh, hello you guys." Hawkeye greeted us.

"Wait if the lieutenant is here then so is...." Ed trailed off already annoyed.

"Thanks for waiting here." A familiar deep voice said. Roy turned the corner and saw us.

"Oh, what are you guys doing back here?" Roy asked.

"I could ask you the same thing." Ed said with a annoyed expression.

"Didn't you hear? I was transferred to this branch last month." Roy explained.

"Oh great....we are just hear to see Hughes and gather some information." Ed said. Roy, Hawkeye, and I all tensed up.

"He's not here....he retired out into the country and took over the family business taking his wife and child with him." Roy lied. My eyes widened, he is still trying to keep it from them? We can't hide the truth forever. I felt my palms heat up immensely and saw a small spark of fire escape my fingers. I needed to calm down, but it seemed so difficult.

"Oh that's too bad, wish I could have said goodbye." Ed said sounding sad.

"R-Roy....we-e need to t-talk." I said through gritted teeth. I shakily grabbed the sleeve of his jacket and it instantly burned at my touch, turning to ash. I could tell they were all shocked but I just kept walking.

Once we were alone I looked up at him and Roy had wide eyes. "What is going on? You're eyes....they are changing color." Roy said.

"What's wrong? We are lying to them about what happend to Hughes and it is killing from the inside out keeping it from them. I'm supposed to be their partner and not hold major things like this back. I can't even control my alchemy at this point." I said releasing my clenched fists, letting red and orange alchemical sparks dance around my palms, wanting to be free.

"If we tell them, they will think he died because of them, it will hurt them more than ever." Roy explained.

"Roy he died not only cause of our research, Maes Hughes died because of the secrets of my past. He died because of me." I said tears brimming my eyes, they felt hot as he flames trying to eat away at me.