Chapter XXIV

(Y/N)' s P.O.V.

We started the day off with lots of reading at the library. The boy's were experts at sitting in a chair, in complete silence, reading a bunch of dusty old books. I on the other hand not so much. After about an hour I clinked out with a book lying on top of my face. I suddenly jerked awake when an uneasy presence was near. The book I was 'reading' fell off my face and onto the floor. Al snickered at me alongside a little boy.

"Since you are the Fullmetal alchemists brother, is this girl the Crimson Karma alchemist?!" The boy practically screeched. I gave the little boy a tired smile. The little boy looked at me curiously. "All the rumors say you always wear a mask, is that not true?" The boy asked. As if on instinct I touch my face then reached for my right breast pocket of my jacket.

"I usually do but sometimes it is nice to take it off." I smiled. The boy seemed to be bursting with energy. I didn't know we had fans....wow. While the boy was fawning over Alphonse and I, Ed came running over.

"Hey you guys! Get ready we are going to head out!" Ed shouted across the library. Al shushed his brother, telling him to keep his voice down.

"Where are we headed brother?" Al asked. The little boy suddenly brought his full attention towards Ed.

"I will fill you two in on our way there.... Who is this?" Ed asked now noticing the infatuated boy.

"Mr. Armor called you brother, does that mean you are Edward Elric, the Fullmetal alchemist?!" The boy asked rather loudly. Ed seemed to get a sense of confidence having someone actually recognize him for his title.

"Yes, I am." Ed said proudly. The little boy laughed with a grin ear to ear.

"Wow, you really are as short as they say! The pipsqueek alchemist!" The boy beemed. Don't even have to guess how Ed is going to respond to being called a pipsqueek.

"What was that you said? Want to call me that again, you little brat." Ed growled clenching a fist and lightly placing a hand on top of the boys head.

"The rumors are true too, you hate being called short!" The boy giggled. Hearing that only infuriated the blonde more. I was on the verge of laughing myself when a bunch of armed guards pointed guns at Ed. My eyes narrowed and was ready to fight if needed.

"Get your hands off master Selim." One of the men ordered. My eyes widened when the dots connected and Ed realized it too.

"No don't shoot him!" Selim ordered.

"Selim? As in Selim Bradley?" Ed asked.

"The Fuhrer's son?" Al gasped.

Time~skip

Ed's P.O.V.

We joined the Fuhrer's son and wife for some tea. Casually chatting. It felt so strange knowing what the head of our country is but sitting here with his smiling family. Selim only spoke words of praise and maybe pride about his father. Neither of them said anything bad about Bradley. Not too long into our chat the devil himself came walking in, a deadly and serious look in his eyes.

After a moment of glaring holes in the three of us, Bradley walked in and joined us. It felt even weirded charading an act of cheerfulness and delight when really I wished to rip the man's head off and by the still heavy feeling in the air, I believe he wanted to go the same. After our chat was over it was already sunset. I stretched, wincing a smidge but feeling better.