Chapter V

[Edited 5/11/2020]

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

Ed had gone off, Pinako told me he went to see his mother's grave. My heart actually quenched for the guy. Ed must be in a world of hurt. As we waited for him to get back Pinako shared the story on how the boys got to where they are now. I had already heard it so I zoned out a little.

'Could I have a heart wrenching, blood curdling story like that? I don't know anything of my past. I could actually be a monster like Tucker said I was. Tucker really thought I was as mad as him.' I stopped my thoughts there.

"Do you have a room I can stay in?" I asked Pinako out of the blue.

"Oh, yes follow me." Pinako said. I grabbed my small bag with my stuff in it and followed the old woman up the stairs. Once I was in my room I thanked her and closed the door. I don't know what has come over me but I felt so dreadful and weary.

I felt something slide down my cheek. I touched it with my finger and came to the conclusion I was crying. "Why am I crying? I have no reason to be...." I trailed off.

It must have been those thoughts I had earlier. It was true I wanted to figure out what all those memories I have forgotten contain but I also fear the result of knowing once again.

I ripped off my jacket and flung my mask somewhere. I clasped onto a chink of my hair as I slid down to the floor. I was losing my mind and I didn't have Roy by my side to help me.

Maybe two hours passed and I heard Armstrong call for me. I grabbed my mask, putting it on then walked downstairs.

"You have a call." Armstrong said handing the phone to me.

"Hello?" I spoke in the phone.

"Hey short stack. Calling to check up on you." Roy's voice boomed from the phone. I sighed heavily.

"You seem to always know when I wish you were here...." I mumbled.

"Huh? Is something wrong?!" Roy shouted.

"Oi quiet down or you will blow out my ear drum and no, nothing is wrong. I am just feeling home sick I guess. I have never left east city without you being with me." I said quietly.

"Awwww, is this your way of saying you miss me?" Roy cockily asked, a grin evident through his voice.

"Oh shut up you jackass! Now you will never hear me say such things ever again!" I rose my voice over the phone. Roy just chuckled then probably just to be annoying apologized in a puppy voice.

"Listen Roy, I am fine. My injuries even feel better. I am being taken care of and before you know it I will be back." I spoke softly.

"Alright, I will call back later. Don't go having any fun." Roy joked. I snickered then said goodbye and the call ended.

"The colonel sure is a handful even when he isn't directly in front of you." I heard a voice say behind me. I turned and saw the blondie himself.

"Yeah, no kidding." I grumbled then smiled.

"Hey Karma, do you think you could show me some more of your alchemy?" Ed asked like a little kid.