Chapter XXXI

Ed's P.O.V.

We traveled towards Resembool, no body would be hot on our tail there. I looked over at (Y/N) and saw her spacing off, not paying attention to her surroundings. Her gaze was so distant, made me wonder if she was still there. As I gazed at her I noticed her fiddle with a necklace she was wearing. I had never noticed it before so I leaned in closer to her to look at it.

(Y/N) snapped out of her trance like stayed when she felt my fingers brush across hers. I looked at the necklace, seeing it was a locket I opened it. My eyes saddened a little see a picture with Hughes on it but I still smiled at her.

"You went to visit the Colonel huh?" I asked. She looked down at her locket, fiddling with it some more.

"Yeah. Roy is my family and I needed to see him after the hell that went down up north." (Y/N) said. I nodded understanding what she was saying then wrapped an arm around her. (Y/N) instantly snuggled into me, getting comfortable.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

I unknowingly took a nap, using Ed as my pillow. I looked out the car window to see we had just pulled up to a house. I looked up at Ed with a brow raised.

"We are gonna rest here for now, maybe get some food." Ed said giving me a smile. I nodded and got out of the car with a stretched and pop of my back. We walked inside and I could instantly smell the oils of automail.

'Is this Winry's house?' I queried. I had recognized the surrounding area as resembool. We wondered into the kitchen to make something to, successfully making some sandwiches.

"Want to find somewhere comfortable to eat?" Ed asked holding one of my hands. I turned to him and leaned on the counter.

"Yeah, I will join you in a little bit." I said looking into his golden orbs. Ed's grip on my hand shifted slightly then he stepped in closer to me, leaving next to know space between us.

"Is something wrong?" Ed gently spoke to me. I slid my mask off with a shake of my head saying no. I wrapped my arms around his neck loosely with a small smile playing on my features.

"Just stuck in my thoughts is all, but being with you eases my mind." I said never breaking eye contact. Ed rested one hand on my hip and the other caressing my cheek. Ed placed a kiss on my forehead, trailing little kisses back down to my lips.

"Always happy to help." Ed replied, a small smirk in his voice. I pushed him back a little giving him another kiss, my smile growing. I handed Ed a sandwich.

"Go eat." I ordered. Ed chuckled with a grin.

"As you wish, beautiful." Ed said placing another kiss on my forehead. I snickered to myself then grabbed the plate with sandwiches piled high. I put my mask back on and walked to where the other three to our crew were located.

"Thought you boys might be hungry. Haven't had much to eat the past fee days." I said a smile in my voice. The two Chimeras smiled at me gratefully while Greed just crossed his arms. I narrowed my eyes at him in a glare.

"Just accept my niceness while it lasts Greed. You haven't ever been a favorite of mine." I grumbled walking behind his seat and poking him in the cheek. I saw a tint of pink and laughed to myself.