Chapter XIII

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

We hopped on a train and rode back to Rush Valley, Ed needed a repair on his arm. Es broke that thing all the time, with how Winry acts I'm surprised he hasn't been beaten to death with her wrench.

The train stopped, meaning we arrived in Rush Valley. We made our way to where Winry was working. At fist she seemed happy we popped I'm to 'visit' then she saw the condition of Ed's arm. Winry instantly started boiling with anger and as presumed whacked Ed with her handy dandy wrench. It is a miracle he isn't dead. Winry grumpily took us all into the shop and merely put a bandage cloth around his arm.

"I will have to go get some of the parts that are missing, make do with this for now." Winry said then glanced at me. "You don't need a repair too, do you?" Winry asked sadly. I pulled off my jacket and showed Winry my fully functional automail arm.

"I unlike my partner, know how to be more careful and not always get my ass kicked." I said a hidden smile under my mask. After that Winry kicked us out needing to get back to work.

As we walked trying to find a way to kill time, Al peeled off and sat over by an alley way.

"Al? What did you find a stray cat or something?" Ed asked, the two of us walking over to him.

"Well....no." Al said holding up an unconscious man. Ed's dropped then we went to aid the unconscious man. We took him to get some food and he basically ate all our money away, or at least Ed's money.

"You saved me back there, you're treat right?" The foreigner asked. Ed exchanged some words of unhappiness then that matter was pushed aside.

"You're not from around here, are you?" I asked, my arms crossed.

"I came from across the dessert, from Xing." The foreigner said.

"Why did you take that route?" Ed asked.

" I wanted to see the ruin of Xerzes." The foreigner responded.

"I heard there is nothing out there anymore." Ed mumbled. "Why did you come all the way to Amestris?" Ed asked.

"I came here to research what you Amestrians call, Alchemy. In Xing, it is called Alkhestory. It is mostly used for the medical field." The foreigner said. The knowledge of a whole other type of alchemy intrigued Ed.

"You think you could teach us about Alkhestory?" Ed asked.

"Sorry but I don't actually know anything about it." The man deadpanned. The boys were kinda ticked off that this guy explained everything about this new alchemy but had no clue about how to use it....mostly Ed, the hot headed one.

"If you actually know nothing of alchemy or find an interet then what did you come to Amestis for?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him.

"You three are alchemists? Then you probably know of it. I'm looking for the philosopher stone." The man who soon to introduce himself as Ling said. The boys tensed.

"Sorry I can't help you with that, never heard of it." Ed said staring to walk away. Suddenly two people on black leaped from the shadows and pointed bladed weapons at us.

"What do you plan on using the philosopher stone for?" Ed asked.

"To gain immortality." Ling said with a grin.

"Immortality? What a bunch of nonsense." I mumbled loud enough for Ling's ears to catch. Ling argued he was serious.

I closed my eyes and sighed moving the blade away from my throat.

"You are foolish to chase such a fairy tale." I said then twisted the blade out of the person's hand. Ed did the same thing, only to have the person retaliate and knocking him to the ground. Al soon followed the same fate.