Chapter VI

[Edited 5/12/2020]

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

"Ahhhh!" Ed cried as we stood in front of what remained of the first branch central library. I picked up a book that retained its shape with my gloved left hand but it automatically crumbled to ashes.

"I guess this was a waste of time." I mumbled to myself. It had been a while since I was last in Central. I would love to go see Maes and his family.

"Major Armstrong! We have been sent to relieve you of your duties and to tell you, you have been ordered to report back to Central command immediately." Two soldiers said rather loudly while giving Armstrong a salute.

"Alright, you can have them." Armstrong said a bit too quickly then left. Ed seemed a bit dumbfounded by the response and grumbled to himself. The three of us climbed into a car along with the two officers headed elsewhere.

"We might be able to help you. We heard of someone who was well acquainted with the materials stored in the library." One of the officers said. Second Lieutenant Ross I believe her name was. The boys lit up with happiness, Ed showed a wide grin. As soon as we were told that our destination was set to this persons residence. Once we got there Ed and Al jumped out of the car and to the front door. After knocking on the door a couple of times the boys went in.

"Whoa, look at all these books." Al said in fascination. We all walked in calling this person's name but could find no one within the never ending mountains of books.

"Is someone there?! Please help me!" We heard a pile of books shout in urgency. Ed and Al quickly rushed to the person's aid as soon as they connected the dots and threw books everywhere, was actually kinda dangerous, I almost got hit with one.

"Thank you so much! I thought I was going to suffocate under those books!" Sheska thanked gratefully. I zoned in and out of the conversation. I didn't really care all that much, it wasn't I who lost everything in that situation.

"Do you remember any notes by a Tim Marcoh? They would have been hand written." Ed asked. I finally decided to listen in. Sheska thought for a moment.

"Oh yes! I saw a journal full of hand written notes stuffed in a bookcase, somewhere they didn't look like they belonged." Sheska said gleefully. Ed looked like he was about to jump out of his skin in anticipation.

Time~Skip

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

Three days went by, Sheska called saying she was done with all the notes. I was actually quite fascinated that one person could remember all that information and more. When we walked in and over to Sheska we were greeted with a few large stacks of bounded papers.

"Wow, thanks a lot Sheska!" Ed thanked.

"Yup all the notes on 100 Recipes by Tim Marcoh!" Sheska exclaimed. We all stopped dead in our tracks.

"Recipes?" Al asked. Sheska started to grow worried.

"Is this not what you were looking for? I copied everything down exactly as I remembered it." Sheska said nervously. Ed looked through one of the packets of paper and then looked back at Sheska.

"You sure this is exactly what was in the notes?" Ed asked. I looked through them too. Something I read confused me though. Sheska nodded her head confirming this was all of it.