Chapter VII

[Edited 5/13/2020]

(Y/N) P.O.V

Armstrong came breaking down the door just the day after because we were still held up in a room in the library, this time for a different reason. I guess those officers went and blabbed to the Major but in their defense he is a little intimidating. We started talking to the Major about our new theories directing our attention towards the laboratories.

"Marcoh worked here in the 3rd laboratory, maybe we should start there." Armstrong said. Ed looked around the map of central and shook his head.

"How about this one, it would work perfectly for their main ingredient." Ed said pointing to the supposed closed 5th laboratory. He was right, they would have access to what they needed for their evil deeds.

"They could even have imported prisoners all to be executed." Ed added.

If that is the case, this could get political and way more than the three of you alone can handle." Armstrong chipped in.

"Don't even think of going out to scout the place." Armstrong strongly warned.

"What? We weren't even remotely thinking something like that!" Ed said lying through his teeth. Armstrong looked at him suspiciously and glanced towards me then rolled up the map. Armstrong moments later exited the room and the officers resumed post outside the door.

"Yeah right, like I would sit on my butt when we have hit something big." Ed grumbled. I looked over at him and mentally sighed.

"We should quickly get going then, don't you agree?" I asked. Ed looked at me following my steps with his eyes. I jumped out the window grabbing onto the light post outside the window and slid down it, landing perfectly on my feet.

I waited for the boys to climbed down their sheet rope they threw out the window then we headed out. We stayed aligned with the shadows as we crept towards the 5th laboratory, as we approached it we saw armed military guards at the main entrance.

"Guards at a supposedly abandoned building? Yeah right, guess we will just have to make our own entrance." Ed said, clapping his hands ready to use his alchemy.

"Wait brother, if you use your alchemy they will see the alchemic sparks from the reaction and we will be exposed." Al said. Ed thought for a second and agreed with his younger brother. Ed threw his coat over the electric wire then we all hopped over it.

"Looks like that vent is the only way in." I said looking up at it. Al lifted Ed up and opened the vent letting me go in first.

"You are too big to fit in here Al, just stay out here and keep watch." Ed said crawling in after me. I could hear Al pout outside about his size. I felt bad for the kid.

"Don't worry Al, if your brother goes and gets reckless I will save his ass." I said, continuing onward.

"Who said you would be saving my ass? Maybe I will be saving yours." Ed said annoyance in his voice. I snickered.

"Then I'm relying on you to have my back Edward." I said ending the conversation there. Silence enveloped us and I started to zone out. Something here was giving me a strange feeling. We were definitely onto something by coming here, just maybe shouldn't have come alone.