Chapter XII

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

The next day came around, all seemed normal until Ed said he couldn't find Al anywhere. I decided to go help Ed look for his younger brother. We are currently walking down an alley deeper in town.

"Man where could a seven foot tall suit of armor walk off to?" Ed asked mostly to himself. I could hear quiet footsteps, someone was approaching.

"I can tell you where you can find your brother, if you tell me your secrets." A voice emerged. Since this person presumably knows where Al is, Ed decided to rough him up a bit then have him lead us to where Al was.

When we arrived, Ed busted down the door. "I never thought about whether or not you could get kidnapped...." Ed mumbled. I honestly wouldn't have thought much of it either. I examined the room but my gaze came to a halt when I locked eyes with a man wearing all black with quite the snarky grin on his face.

"Ed, I advise we use caution." I said quietly.

"Brother! This guy is a homunculus! He might be able to provide some answers on how to get our bodies back." Al said. The said man showed us the ouraborus tattoo placed on his hand. I felt a bit uneasy now that I knew this man was connected to the others we met back at the laboratory.

"Way to take all the fun out of it." The man grumbled no longer entertained.

"If you really want to learn how to transmute a soul to armor then why don't you ask from the 5th laboratory. They had a couple soul bonded armors fighting for them." Ed said with a furrowed brow.

"Really? Well that is a bit of a complicated story." The man said. "We can make a trade, I will tell you how to make a perfect homunculus and you tell me how to bond a soul to armor." He said trying to strike a deal.

"I really don't know why you want your old body back though. Seems like you have one that is perfect already." He said turning back to Al.

"No I don't!" Al shouted. I could see Ed start to get infuriated with this guy. Ed was clenching his fists so tight they trembled.

"You're kidding right? You don't get hungry, grow tired, can't get sick, you don't even need to use the toilet. Sounds great to me." The man said. Ed finally snapped. Ed started shouting quite loudly and once he was done everyone had very blank looking expressions and the man gave a mock applause.

"Looks like we are doing this the hard way again." Another man said stepping forward and unsheathing his sword.

"Just don't kill him." The man ordered.

"Karma just hang back. You are still wounded." Ed said, it sounded like an order so I decided to do as I was told. Ed quickly took down the guy with the sword and started fighting the other one, the homunculus. It seemed Ed landed a critical blow to the guys head but he just regenerated.

'Ultimate shield'.... I had heard that before. I felt my arm start to burn so much I thought my skin was boiling. The fabric covering my right arm melted away slowly, revealing my bare arm but a marking on the back of my hand. I had never seen it there before. Ed was badly hurt and thrown against the wall, he got back up weakly ready to continue the fight.

I walked in front of him and stopped him. "I may still be wounded but doesn't mean I am useless." I said rolling up my other sleeve.

"So now you are going to fight me? Listen girly it would be wasted effort trying." The homunculus said. At this point he was enveloped in his ultimate shield, it did seem useless.

I snapped my fingers creating an explosion then got behind him, clapping my hands and pressing it against his back. The shield was demolished for a second then regenerated. The homunculus turned to me and swiped at me. I moved in time to avoid getting seriously hurt but he nipped my mask, creating a small rip.