Superior Firepower Doctrine Part 2

Y/N POV

Avrora and I were heading to the transport deck. I was wearing the same dress blues with the boat cloak while Avrora was wearing her secretary uniform.

On our way to the transport dock, the streets were almost empty as most of the soldiers were in their positions preparing for combat. The only presence left were the occasional patrols roaming around.

When we arrived at the transport deck, I could see my personal guards by the LAV waiting for us. One man... the captain then moved forward and called the rests' attention on my arrival.

Captain: attention!

The rest then formed into a formation and saluted

Captain: we're ready to move by your orders, sir!

Y/N: good. Everyone, mount up!... so, captain... why Taiwanese?

I asked in curiosity, only to be followed with a simple reply, "insurance"...

As we proceeded to enter the LAV, 2 humvees arrived at the last second that gave us more legroom inside the LAV. I mentally thanked whoever arranged it.

As the vehicles began moving, we arrived at a large blast door that was used as one of the base's main entrance. Guarding it was an armored platoon directly aiming their guns straight at the door. The lights surrounding the gate flickered, signifying the gate opening as we were about to exit. It was mostly a silent ride for us besides the occasional radio chatter and a wave of tension coming from the guards steadily increasing as we approach the tent.

3rd Person POV

While Y/N and Avrora were still heading towards the negotiating tent, one man was getting more and more impatient.

Meyers: tch! How dare they waste my time after I went out all this way to show them mercy.

The knights around the marquis could only stand in silence, listening to his ranting until they arrived. Afraid to say a word that might bite back at them.

Meyers: hmm? What's that?

After a while of waiting, the marquis and the knights could see a large metallic door opening as the lights around it flicker. Exiting was 3 vehicles, 1 was larger than the 2, heading towards their position.

Knight 1: uhh, it seems to be their gate opening my lord.

Meyers: not the gate! those carriages made of steel!

A knight with better vision then pointed out a fact.

Knight 2: my lord! I don't see any horses pulling them!

Meyers: what?! No, that's impossible!

For marquis Meyers, he was a man who lived in vanity, her sister becoming the queen only cemented it. But despite that, he was a man who loved his country and would do anything to make it flourish.