Dulce Bellum Invictus

Btw, check out my new story
"Pax Propter Vim"

A few days later, 150km west of Pretani

A destroyer squadron of four Daring-class Destroyers sailed on the quiet seas as a part of the new International Anti-Piracy Command that involves different nations starting with the Southern Region kingdoms and the Jomon Peninsula, and with Weissenheer still the first in the Northern Region, but has yet to commit a fleet after the civil war. In its infancy, only the Federation has sent out ships beyond their borders while other kingdoms are still formulating universal terms and rulesets in order to coordinate with each nation.

Piracy has always been an issue from the nations of Valence and outer Falmart, beyond Sadera's sphere. Because of the vastness of the trade route, these four destroyers were just one of the chain of different squads that guards the sea route that connects Falmart and Valence, along with other overseas Terran installations.

"All ships, Trent. Approaching the Davy Jones-class unknown ship. Beginning communications."

On this sunny day, the squadron has spotted an unknown ship-of-the-line with an appearance of the same level of the aberrant ships seen on the movie series "Pirates of the Caribbean". The discovery of demons in Valence has still been kept a secret in order to maintain peace and order except for selected individuals such as fleet commanders.

"Unknown ship has reacted to our hails. Ship's bow is now facing on our twelve."

"Copy, Trent, we have the ship on our sights and are ready to engage."

The mysterious ship slowly closed to the Destroyer 'Trent' on a 90° direction with each other with no sign of stopping.

The rest of the squadron, the flagship 'Satyr' floated a few distances behind the 'Trent'. The other two, the 'Tyne' and the 'Severn' were 3km on the unknown ship's starboard and port side respectively.

"Unknown ship is not responding to our orders to divert... hang on, I'm seeing activity on the deck."

"Affirm, Trent, don't be a goner now."

"Squadron, I don't like these guys." Another ship captain interjected. "Wait... what's that guy doing? Where's he going?" He said after a figure was seen tending to a cannon on the side and left.

"Severn, keep your eyes on the port side of the ship."

"Hang on, hang on; that's a cannonball. They're ready to put up a fight." The captain of the Severn said.

"Trent, confirm Severn's claim."

"Unknown. Their bow is heavily covered in some form of seaweed. Standing by for orders."

"This is Tyne, I have confirmation on the starboard side."

"Command, COMDESRON 47, we have eyes on the Davy Jones-class unknown ship in our sector preparing for armed combat."

While the Satyr was busy informing command about their recent actions, it was then that the Severn saw the real identities of the sailors of the unknown ship.

"Demons. Demons. They match on the written accounts."

"DESRON 47, Command, you are clear to engage, but let the situation develop in order to ascertain their actions."