They are the Senate

It was in the morning outside the wide dome at the center of Fort Alnus. The day's sunshine was be something to be mentioned if there was a "Radio Free Alnus" playing songs like it was 'Nam.

It was exceptionally hot and Itami was standing still, a blank expression on his face, wearing a Type 91 winter jacket, so anyone could take a guess at how hot it must be to wear that. Eventually, the people he was waiting for finally arrived.

"Kuribayashi, Tomita, you guys took too long!" He complained with sweat pouring down from his forehead.

"Sorry, Lieutenant, we were delayed because we were taking care of things."

In contrast to the non-commissioned officer and uniformed Itami, both the enlisted Kuribayashi and Tomita were in civilian clothes. This was a great presentation of "suffering from success."

"It's so hot out, why are you wearing so much?" Another voice joined in.

That had been Tuka, speaking in a soft voice. Lelei gave Itami a long and intense look, while that black-clad Gothic Lolita/Demigoddess had followed them.

Rory's huge halberd was wrapped in canvas like it was a Christmas gift for secret Santa, but she didn't seem happy with the procedure, so she kept pouting and making little noises of protest.

"It can't be helped, if you carry that big thing through the gate, you'll violate dozens of weapon-related laws, and the police will arrest you immediately. They've been really strict on this lately, and it's no laughing matter. In truth, they wanted you to leave it behind before going over."

"And how could I leave behind this proof of Emroy's will?"

"That's why you need to bear with this for a bit."

For Rory, she had no other choice if she wanted to go to the other side of the gate.

Itami, the commander in charge during the battle with the Flame Dragon, was not the only one being summoned by the Diet. Several other witnesses from the affected refugees had been called too.

Among these "affected refugees", Lelei, the mage apprentice and basically the smartest besides her master, was also included. Tuka would be coming along as one the sole survivor of her village. Her story would answer many questions and to the media, it would have great persuasive power for the JSDF to justify many things.

Fire-team Terra and Negev were also added into the roster. Being the only ones knowing the identities of Fire-team Terra, Alnus Command and the Prime Minister's office were gritting their teeth and seething with fury. However, when Zero was casual in accepting it, it somehow just retarded their stress over the matter.

As for Rory, she just wanted to go. Honestly, bringing her to Japan was a double-edged sword. As an apostle of one of the religions of Falmart, bringing her along would greatly favor the JSDF against those who oppose the invasion. However, she was uncontrollable and unpredictable. But fortunately, she happens to have taken a liking to Itami and the Terrans would take responsibility for watching her.

Seeing her comply with them meekly was surprising for sure, but a welcome one.

"Alright, the only ones left are Zero, his team, and the Princess and her followers."

Just as Itami said this, two cars drove up in front of Itami and stopped there. The front car revealed was revealed to be carrying Princess Pina and her followers, Bozes, Panache, and Hamilton.

The next car, the one behind the lead car, opened to reveal four figures with a startling appearance that the princess and even Itami recoiled.

Among them was Negev. Upon close inspection, Pina's suspicions were right all along. Her haughty attitude was gone whenever she was with them, but what surprised her the most was Anna among them.