Case Swabia III: Dornach

This chapter is dedicated to my upper left molar. F's in the comments gamers

3rd Person POV

It was at that night, the kingdom of Litöw became a satellite of the Terrans. Although it's now a satellite, it was more akin to a protectorate. This sudden overnight event caused tension in the capital when the town criers spread the news, but once they've heard from the king that they will still maintain their independence and are now under the protection of the Terrans, their saviors.

Some still held doubts and many nationalists started protesting against the king, calling him a traitor, but after the announcement of the princess's engagement with Y/N, the leader of the suzerain state and the promise of humanitarian aid, the tension naturally died down.

It was 0800 hours, the morning after Litöw became a subject to the Terrans. Y/N and his protection unit were standing by at the knights training ground for their transports to arrive. It was the only wide area within the palace where two Ospreys can fit. The platoons assigned with them were incorporated into the main intervention force and headed westward and link up with division group east.

Alongside Y/N's group was Angie who sought to join them in the AO, much to their dismay but was allowed, in the pretense of her engagement to Y/N and being Litöw's witness in the war and the king along with his knights and the viscount, now prime minister who came to see them off.

The whirring sounds of 4 rotor blades echoed across the capital. It was a sight for the citizens to see to show the Terrans' commitment and care, but for those who still oppose the submission to the Terrans, it was to discourage any subversive actions.

----------

Y/N POV

Pilot: *radio* two minutes to LZ.

Y/N: you heard him, everyone. Prepare for boarding!

After giving my order, Angie and I went towards the king to convey our goodbyes.

Y/N: it seems that it's time for us to leave your majesty.

King Litöw: I see. It has been a wave of events when you arrived but it was a very memorable experience.

Y/N: This is my farewell, your majesty. Rest assured, your people can sleep without worry and the kingdom will be safe in our protection.

After my part, he conveyed his goodbye to Angie.

King Litöw: my daughter, from the moment I saw your eyes back in the throne room, I have fully grasped your resolution. I apologize if I was very rash on forcing both of you on this engagement. I hope you can find happiness there. From now on, you are no longer a knight of Litöw. So become sir Y/N's knight.

Angie: father...

After a few moments, she turned towards me in a refined manner expected from a knight and kneeled before me.

Angie: your Excellency, lowly as I may be compared to your soldiers... I will serve you to my utmost and become your knight.

3rd Person POV

Avrora and the elite guards were just close by became concerned for Angie. It's a known fact that Litöw wasn't really normal to associate with and Angie knew that. Although Y/N, Avrora, and Kar accepted her, she was worried because of her shortcomings.

She is confident of her strength but compared to Y/N's men, her pride as a knight wanes.

When Avrora looked at the elite guards who were sharing the same concerns, an idea popped on her head.