The Visitation (Renamed the last one)

The presence of an unknown ship in a world before nations consider the concept of a global society after meeting other nations, distant or close—in the past—has always been an arbiter of prosperity or death. Sometimes even both.

For the Aztecs, it was the Spanish.

For India, the British.

In this disconnected world, an open mind is always a must for explorers but that didn't mean it's a requirement. Ordinarily, that thinking never crossed my mind since this wasn't within my pay-grade and qualifications as a member of the Terran Maritime Defense Force. Holding my own on a conversation with a person of politics, I can manage. Establishing agreements, however, I cannot fathom what consequences it will bring.

Whether it's fortune or not, I—a nuclear-powered supercarrier with the force projection capability of an entire Strike Group—found myself getting deeply involved in a country from nowhere's game of thrones. And to add more insult to injury, that country happens to be the remnants of the fallen Valence Empire. I am still considering when to reveal my identity as Enterprise, an Admiral of the Federation's Maritime Defense Force.

My guests: the crown prince, families in his faction, and the second princess, has never borne hostility for the last day and a half to me.

In a sense, they have been only respectful with the knowledge of but a fraction of my power. But just because I saved them doesn't mean I will become their ally and a benefit should they win. My reserved attitude should and apprehension concerning their state of affairs should tell them to give it up.

But when going with specifics, I will not influence them in my own volition.

It would've been better if I left them. Someone like me had no business involving myself in their personal feud. Maybe because I couldn't leave them in their true fate is why I decided to help them...

"Damn it... why am I making it more difficult for myself?!"

I was cursing to myself inside my cabin—writing the incident report on a piece of paper with my black pen—until a knock came from the door.

"Enter!" I shout out almost exasperatedly.

I opened the door automatically and of course, from the corner of my eye, I was able to identify the visitor as the Crown Prince.

"Your highness." I greeted with a neutral tone, still busy writing my incident report for their sakes.

The study inside my cabin was set in a typical fashion where two chairs are positioned on each end at the other side of my desk.

Perhaps I was too engrossed in finishing my written incident report that I've forgotten he's not normal, based on our common sense, and didn't take his seat until that thought appears in my mind after finishing another paragraph.

"Please, take a seat." I gestured to one of the two chairs, setting my pen on the table, and put up my best smile to face the flustered prince in waiting and said, "Now, what can I help you with, your highness."

And surely there's something very important to discuss. If it wasn't, then he wouldn't have gone far as to visit me without an escort.

"I'd like to discuss your reward," Prince Anthony mumbled.

I raised an eyebrow over this simple topic.

"Personally, it would be better to have this discussed rather than receiving a monetary reward and words of gratitude... So that I can take it up with my father beforehand."