Day of Infamy

Papaldia Empire, 3rd foreign affairs department

In an interest of time after Terran intervention

Department head Kyeos was enraged after reading the report from the scouting fleet he sent that it seemed probable for blood to start spurting from his head any moment. It was the result of Fenn refusing the empire's generous offer to receive their land as tribute. They even rejected the offer to lease the land for 498 years, an arrangement with significant benefits to both sides.

"It's treason then..."

This became the mantra of the 3rd foreign affairs department. The Papaldia Empire held dominance over five countries within the civilized areas and 67 outside of them, countries both large and small. For such a grand empire with such egos, to be mocked by some barbarian country was not something they could forgive. It would be a problem if the cheap belt of fear were to come loose after wearing it for years. That being the case, the 3rd foreign affairs department had deployed the 22 ships of the imperial oversight army's fleet, along with two squadrons of wyvern lords that were catapulted off from some of the ship-of-the-lines.

The wyvern lords were to commit state terrorism during Fenn's Military Festival and plant fear into the military officials attending from other countries. The fleet was to mercilessly attack the capital city of Fenn, Amanoki, and burn it to cinders, thus demonstrating to all the other barbarian countries the cost of defying Papaldia. However, the actual result was eerie.

The wyvern lords, sent to attack by air, went missing, their communications abruptly cut. No one knew what happened to them, but they were probably all dead. They initially conjectured that Gahara's wind dragon riders came to Fenn's aid. However, while wind dragons were powerful, their numbers were also few, so it was improbable for them to be able to overwhelm a squadron of wyvern lords to the point that they couldn't communicate anything back to command.

Shortly after that, information came in that they had encountered the Fenn palace navy and unilaterally annihilated them! Their fleet suffered no damage. As expected, this was the obvious result of clashing with barbarians. The real problem came with the next report.

"Imperial oversight army, eastern fleet – decimated."

This news given from a scouting fleet was sent to find answers only to find hundreds of pieces of driftwood scattered around after hearing no reply for a day caused the department to erupt into chaos. With no survivors found, the 3rd foreign affairs department scoured beyond the civilized area.

But both sides were heavily affected. The Fenn navy was crippled. Meanwhile, the resulting mysterious destruction of the oversight fleet canceled the Japanese envoy's appointment in Papaldia.

The nature of the fleet's destruction would then pique the interest of a monster within the inner circles of the empire.

Tokyo Bay

Sometime after Ilia's op

2230 hours

At the mouth of Tokyo bay, two Gerald R. Ford Carriers CVN 80 and 80-1 respectively and four Zumwalt destroyers were led into the bay escorted by the stranded United States Fleet Activities Yokosuka ships in cooperation with the Maritime self-defense force and coast guard.

Alterprise and her escorts remained at the entrance of the bay while Enterprise and her two escort ships entered the bay. Passing by Yokosuka where the US Fleet Activities base resides, they could see many people with the scope from the coast of Yokosuka who were probably the stranded US forces taking a glance at their ships that reminded them of home. A horn was blown coming from one of the Zumwalts directed at them with the morse code saying "HELLO" which garnered a reaction. The news of the modern fleet arriving earlier than anticipated created a media frenzy as the first photos of the aircraft carriers were taken from a person on a fishing vessel.