Episode 1: Overturn

NOTE: TO THOSE WHO MAY HAVE SKIPPED THE AUTHOR'S NOTE. THIS IS A SEQUEL. THERE WILL BE SPOILERS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

A man with dark eyes bursted out laughing

A man with dark eyes bursted out laughing. His voice boomed throughout the garden. "Master was right about you, Key Keeper!"

Arms crossed; I raised an eyebrow. "Meaning?"

"You didn't care for the girl." His lips twitched into a smirk. "You never bothered to search for her."

"What?" I gritted my teeth. "What girl?"

He cackled. "You don't know? A Key Keeper should've found Taradita by now."

"I've had enough!" Flames surged through my veins.

The man disappeared before the flames could consume him.

I collapsed to my knees. Sweat beaded my brow. The world around me spun. The only constant, a little girl's face draped in shadow.

The ripples told me Tiana and Recah approached. Each wrapped an arm around me. Tiana wiped the sweat from my brow.

"There is a girl in Taradita." My eyes widened. "What is Taradita?"

Tiana caressed my back. "The girl must be alive. Take that and run with it."

"Let's go home." Recah ran her fingers through my hair. "Everyone's waiting."

Noelle appeared in front of me. "It's over now." She smiled. "With relentless courage, you've all liberated the Engrads from the Council."

Big Sis stifled a laugh. "Oh, Noelle... It might be over for the rest of the Engrads, but our story has only just begun!"

"Well, of course." Noelle raised an eyebrow. "Your quests are over, so new ones will take their place. That's just a part of life. Any life for that matter."

"You didn't get to watch, so it's only natural you don't understand," Recah said.

Tiana said, "We got a clue."

"Come on." Recah wrapped my arm around her neck. "Let's go home."

"Will you both stop speaking in riddles?" Arms crossed; Noelle looked at them sideways. "I don't speak riddles."

I had an urge to vomit. It was like my world had toppled over and was sent spinning. Pins and needles. It was nearly impossible to concentrate on their words.

T smiled at me. "It doesn't matter right now."

"The Engrads are free." Recah gazed at the sun. "Let's take a breather before the next adventure."

"I suppose so..." Noelle rolled her eyes before teleporting us home.

***