Episode 47: Familial Love

I got in the shower after I let go of T

I got in the shower after I let go of T. I was so stiff and wasn't sure how clean my clothes were, so I definitely needed it. I felt like a new man after I got out.

When I did, T had breakfast waiting for me. It was toast with a little bit of eggs and juice. That probably didn't sound like much, but I was grateful. I wasn't sure if I wanted to, but I knew I needed to eat. It was a good one, too.

I got one of my books that I read when I wanted to do light reading off my shelf and laid in our bed. After the day I had yesterday, I knew I could fall asleep at any time. I didn't want to drop a book on myself by accident.

As I was about to doze off, there was a knock on my door. That was when I perked up and sat up.

"Hey, kiddo." Chastity came into my room. "Did I wake you?"

I shook my head. "I wasn't quite asleep. Did Mama tell you what happened yesterday?"

"I came to give her some things before I came to see you. She did mention it."

"Hadn't seen you since I was little before I came home. Were you surprised?"

There was a light in her eyes I hadn't seen in a long time. "I used to take care of you and Vanna, so I wasn't entirely surprised when Miss Sarah told me."

I tilted my head.

"There were days where you'd want to take a nap, because you were so tired, but you couldn't. If it was especially bad, you'd cry because you were so frustrated."

I used to do that? I didn't remember that. That sounded awful. Made me glad I couldn't remember it.

"Still, I have to ask..." She looked out my window. "Did it have anything to do with my sister?"

"It didn't." I repositioned myself. "The last two weeks, my main priority was a friend of mine. She and her little brother needed me, so I couldn't really think about much else."

Chastity turned to look at me. "What happened to her?"

"I have no idea why I'm telling you this. You're going to think I'm out of my mind. We went into another world."

Ring-ring!

"Go ahead," she said.

It was Ai. Why was she calling me? I supposed I had to see what she wanted.

I went into Japanese as I often did with Ai. "Hey. Did you need something?"

"You sound tired." She took a breath. "Anyway, I wanted to check on you guys, because what happened was so recent."

"I slept yesterday. The others seem to be doing alright. Things are getting back to normal." I looked at Chastity. "Was that all you needed?"

Chastity turned her head. "Don't worry about me. Talk to your friend."