Episode 63

We arrived at Uncle and Aunt Sarah's house at 10:30

We arrived at Uncle and Aunt Sarah's house at 10:30. I'd yet to eat today, because I didn't want to lose my breakfast during one of the most important conversations of my life.

Eni was holding my hand. He probably wanted me to feel better. My heart was hammering in my chest.

Ali pulled a key out of his pocket. He probably didn't want any of the staff to answer the door.

Ali's dad poked his head into the front room. "You could have just rung the doorbell."

"I figured the key would be faster." Ali looked around. "Where is the staff? They're usually around doing something. Surprised none of them came to the door when I got out my key."

"Your mom gave them the morning off. Think we're going out to eat sometime today."

Ali raised his eyebrows. He then something I couldn't understand, so he must have gone into Japanese.

His dad motioned for us to follow him.

Aunt Sarah and I sat on one side of the table. My brothers took the other side. Uncle decided to lean on the counter.

"What do you ladies have to tell us?" Uncle asked.

Aunt Sarah and I exchanged glances.

"Honey?" She looked at her husband. "Did I ever tell you that I had a big sister?"

"I don't think you had..."

Ali's eyes got big. We definitely had his attention.

"Her name was Cecelia and she was four years older than me."

If Ali had doubts before, he surely knew who Aunt Sarah and I were talking about.

"Oh. My. God." Ali put his hand over his mouth. "Your mama..."

"That's right, Lany." Aunt Sarah put her hand over his free hand. "She's your aunt."

Uncle raised his eyebrows. "You three need to explain yourselves. You might as well be speaking French."

"Didn't I tell you that I used to live in a faraway place?" she asked.

"You told me that you spent your grade school years abroad."

"And I never told you where?"

"No."

I jumped in here. "I came here from the same place as your wife. I lived in the town of Takiran with my little brother, Phoenix."

"And where is this town?"

"It's far away from here..." Ali had gone rigid. "It's very far away from here."

Aunt Sarah and I held hands. "Takiran is a town in a world called Engrada."

"Engrada? Are you implying other planets exist?"