Episode 78

The house was strangely quiet when Duke, Marshall, and I got back from our latest scouting mission

The house was strangely quiet when Duke, Marshall, and I got back from our latest scouting mission. I could immediately sense that something was off.

They looked at each other before venturing further into the house. I had a feeling they were wondering if the others got attacked. If that was the case, I hoped T was able to protect everyone.

I slipped past them. I wanted to be on guard in case anything happened.

When we got into the kitchen, we found Recah and T sitting at the table. Both girls had their faces buried in their hands. From a distance, it was hard to tell if they were crying or not.

Marshall and I each knelt beside our sisters and he asked, "What happened?"

T looked up. She looked tired... "Lie had a freak-out..."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

Recah looked like she wanted to face plant into the table. "Lie woke up from her nap. She came in because she wanted lunch, so I made her soup." Her breaths were shaky. "She said she had a headache, so I told her she should shower. She said she'd do that. After she finished eating, she started acting weird."

"Weird how?" Duke asked.

"She was yelling at someone, but I don't know who... I had to grab her, so she couldn't hurt herself."

T had tears in her eyes. "I-I had to charm her. She was so agitated... It was scary..."

I put my hands on my sister's shoulders. "Neither of you did anything wrong. You did what you had to." I turned to Duke. "When she wakes up, you need to change your guys' sheets, pillowcases, everything."

He looked at me sideways.

"That could have happened again..." Marshall went rigid. "Alain's right. It'd be best if you changed everything after Lie wakes up."

He put his hands on his hips. "And you've gone and lost me..."

"I don't know if you remember this or not, but something similar happened to me a few years ago." My flames pooled in my cheeks and I scratched the back of my neck. "I got exposed to something that would agitate me. It wasn't until I got a shower and clean clothes that it finally went away."

Recah finally looked up. "Weren't you staying with me when that happened?"

"I think so..." I shook my head. "I remember Noelle threw a cold bucket of water on me..."

"I'm sorry..."

"Not your fault..."

Marshall then left the room.

I grabbed Recah's hand. "Sounds like you had an eventful afternoon. Why don't you go unwind for a bit?"

She nodded before she got up.