Episode 60

As weird as this probably sounded, it was a relief to see Ali fall asleep beside Phoe within the hour of Phoe getting out of the bath

As weird as this probably sounded, it was a relief to see Ali fall asleep beside Phoe within the hour of Phoe getting out of the bath. Given the situation with our brother and Noelle having to wake him from a nightmare this morning, he probably needed the sleep.

This would be a good point for me and Noelle to go talk to Aunt Sarah. Between Recah, Marshall, and Duke, my brothers would be fine. To tell the truth, I was surprised I hadn't done this up to this point.

She and Uncle were staying in the guest house they had on this property. I wasn't sure why they insisted we stay in the main house, but at least, they were nearby.

The staff bowed to us when we came in. If they were my staff, I may well have snapped to not do that. I never liked the formality.

The housekeeper, Tea, led us to Aunt Sarah. She knew we didn't come here often, and I didn't think she'd ever seen me talk to Uncle.

Aunt Sarah was laying on her bed with her knees bent. She had a book in her lap. I couldn't tell what language it was in. I just knew it wasn't English or Japanese.

"Noelle." Aunt Sarah put her book down and looked at us. "Did you want to talk about something?"

Noelle shut the door behind her.

"You have a secretary who has a daughter, don't you?" I asked.

Aunt Sarah motioned for us to sit in the chairs. "I do. Her daughter's name is Audrey."

"We got to see her yesterday." Noelle ran her fingers through her hair. "I really don't like her."

She raised her eyebrows. "How come?"

I jumped in here. "The things Annie and I are about to say are things Ali would never tell you. He doesn't want to bother you and all those things."

"I'm listening." She perked up. "I want to help my little boy however I can even if he won't always let me."

We looked at each other. We should have discussed who would tell their story first before we came in here.

"This might not seem significant, but she came to ask him for something yesterday." Noelle took a breath. "And then he had a nightmare about her soon after he got to sleep."

"What was it about?"

I sighed. "He wouldn't tell us."

Aunt Sarah's eyes got big. "Elia told me once that you had the ability to influence dreams. Is that true, Annie?"

"It is, Se." Noelle rubbed her arms. "He has some of the most intense nightmares I've ever seen. When he has them, I might as well not have powers at all."

"Are they all about Audrey?"

She kept her eyes closed. "Some of his worst ones are. He used to have a lot about the situation with Tia and Phoenix."