" ohhh you don't say "

Genesis wakes up to the sound of her alarm she switched it off. She quickly did her morning exercises and took a shower. She wore her school uniform which was a black skirt a white blouse and red and black stripped tie and her fenty slip on's.

She tied her braids into a low messy bun and made her way downstairs . "Morning household." She said knowing that no one had woken up. She sighed and walked out putting on her headphones she began listening to  "toast by koffe"

She waited patiently for the bus and when it arrived she sat by the window as other students got on and she was lost in her own imagination.  She sights the line up of the latest Mercedes Benz and tries her best not to roll her eyes.

" You had the chance to be us gen...now you just have to envy us." Zedd  said
" I wouldn't want to be you cause that means renting cars every week and being fake." Genesis  spits back. " This gold rollex isn't fake cuppy." 

" Ohhh you don't say , maybe that's why the gold is turning to silver or gray since its original ." Zedd had no comeback so he just changed the subject and Genesis headed to her class with victorious smirk on her face.

*********

" So we are going to have a seminar with different schools tomorrow, as the history class we are doing the cold war,  discussions are at 3-4pm don't be late." Nobody sighed like what they did in other schools. At an African private school you never  disrespect the teacher it just shows how dumb you are so you just bad mouth them with your friends.

I put my headphones on and go to the basketball courts they aren't indoors. I start eating my  biltong as I watch some boys play a mini match. My phone beeps and once I see who its from I roll my eyes.

Alvin/Genesis

Hi

Wassa

I feel like you don't want us to be a thing anymore gen:(

I do everything is just complicated ( I a actually want him to go)

Ok I'm calling
Cool

" hey gen you've been so distant and I don't like it, when I said we should meet up you ditched me." Alvin said over the phone
"Well that's a funny story isn't cause if I recall you fat shamed me and brought your girlfriend along , but since I lost weight , I've been Mary and you are playing the little lamb."
"Are you breaking up with me." He asks "I  can't breakup cause we never had a relationship but just to clear things up don't ever call me or contact me cause ndokumamisa." (Fvk you up) He said ok and hung up.

"Thank you Jesus , this burden is goooneeee." I sang lifting my hands up. I turned back to the cord and saw the guys looming at me. " Not what we expect from  girl who just dumped her bae." One of the says. "I can't cry over something that never existed boys." I shrug as I walk towards the baseroom. The baseroom is also known as homeroom.

I sit down and start listening  to "location by burnaboy ft dave."  I look at my streamamtes, they are interesting people but I ride solo cause of trust issues and I have fun alone. People settle for study after lunch whilst some or most sit with their lovers and friends and chat. I just read stuff about the cold war whilst listening to  music.

At 3pm we went to the history class and discussed we ended up extending up til 5:30pm meaning the buses had left and leaving me with no ride. I did not have pride but I wasn't confident enough to ask for a ride. God answering my prayers there was a gentle tap on my shoulder.

"I can offer you a ride home." Wow this boys accent is on point. "Hmmm"was all I was able to say. " I can offer you a ride home Genesis. " I mange to nod and follow him to his car. What the , this guy has BMW X12 like be my bestie bro.  Bite my inner mouth trying to contain my smile. That's when reality slaps me back.

What is this dude's name  before I open the door I stop and look at him. " What is  your name?" "Christopher Nolan. " he replies. I nod and get into the car,  I put my seatbelt on .

"Where do you live ?"

"Gray's park and you?"

"The same neighbourhood "
There was a moment of silence that's when I remember its throwback Thursday on the radio.
"Do you mind if I turn on the radio."
He turns it on and hot in here by nelly  is playing. I sing along leaving Mraccent shocked. The song finishes and Destiny's child say my name  starts playing I instantly sing along and shockingly Christopher sings along. We reach my parents house and I say my goodbyes and open the gate.

Hi , what do you think of my first chapter. Hope you all loved it pleased comment and share, comments mean a lot.

What do you think of the songs , try listening to them🤗

Xxxasta