Twelve

[Paris' outfit is the same as the one she's wearing in the previous chapter

[Paris' outfit is the same as the one she's wearing in the previous chapter.]

꧁ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ ꧂
ᴡᴇ ʀᴀɴ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʜᴇʟʟ

I followed them for centuries. Plotted their downfall. I want them to hurt like I hurt.

LUCIEN IS JUST hiding nearby as Klaus walked in the pet shelter. He stares at one of the dogs and smirks while the dog backs away, sensing his superiority.

Not long after he walked in, Paris notices the familiar hybrid and immediately stiffens as they both look at each other.

The hybrid approaches the tensed human and she decided not to walk away from him since she doesn't want to get in his bad side today, well, not yet.

"Paris! I heard you've been hospitalized. I was supposed to send you a 'Get well soon' card, but I figured you'd get well sooner than expected thanks to your vampire boyfriend so, why bother?" Klaus said with sarcasm.

Paris grits her teeth together before she responded.

"You did that to me." She said while gritting her teeth.

"No. I gave you the command, you executed it." Klaus said with a grin.

The original hybrid's blue eyes looked straight into Paris's hazel blue ones and they both prepare for the compulsion.

"I'm a thousand years old. You think you can fool me?" He said in such a low and deadly tone.

He rapidly grasps Paris by the neck and her airways start to close up.

"You reek of vervain." He growled before he throws Paris against the cages.

Hearing all the struggles coming from the pet shelter, Lucien immediately emerged from his position to help the human.

"My hybrids told me you got my compulsion out. And that you have a special guest." Klaus said while he approaches her.

He grabs Paris by the hair so that she's looking at him before he continues talking.

"Tell me, who is that special guest they speak of?"

Just right after Klaus asked Paris that, he was thrown off of her and against more cages. Paris looks up to see Lucien looking down at her quite worriedly.

"My apologies for the violence." He said while he helps her regain her balance.

Klaus found his feet again and he turns to find his old friend standing a few feet away from him. His anger that was clearly shown in his face just a second ago disappeared and he became stunned.