Twenty-Six

[Paris' outfit since she went out is at the very top.]

꧁ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sɪx ꧂ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴏᴛ-ᴛᴏᴏ-ᴅɪsᴛᴀɴᴛ ғᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ

ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴏᴛ-ᴛᴏᴏ-ᴅɪsᴛᴀɴᴛ ғᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ

Well, maybe I'm meant to be a vampire.

    MURDER. THE ACT of taking someone else's life. A knife in the stomach. A bullet in the head. A snap of the neck. Strangulation, or in Paris' case, pushing someone off the cliff and letting them drown.

The act of a person begging for something as simple as human breath seems so terrifying. To know that the very thing keeping you alive seems to be so out of reach. Where your biggest enemy is simply the water. Where your main goal is to keep your head above the water. However, most people failed to do just that.

But what does one have to do to become a murderer? Of course, kill someone. Although, not all murderers were meant to be murderers, right? Not all murderers find pleasure in seeing other people cling on to their lives as it slowly slip away. Some are forced to defend themselves. Some are just involved in an accident. And there are some who are compelled to do so.

That's what Paris had gone through. She was compelled to kill, of all people, her good friend, Chloe, for some unknown reason. And now that she remembers everything, she aims to unravel the reason why someone would compel her to kill someone as innocent as Chloe. Why that someone is Lucien Castle.

"You compelled me to kill her." Paris muttered as her betrayed eyes stared right into Lucien's guilty ones.

The words that came out of Paris' mouth as she looked at Lucien made the others glance at the oldest vampire in the room with their eyebrows furrowed.

"Paris. You need to hear me out." Lucien asked her.

Paris stands up from the floor and ignores the help of both Alaric and Stefan as she did. She kept her eyes on Lucien. Everyone paid attention to everything that's going on especially Damon and Stefan, just in case Paris goes after Lucien. But while everyone expected Paris to attack Lucien because of her heightened emotions, she instead ran out of the room, and soon out of the house.

Paris lets herself wander in her thoughts as her legs dangle while sitting on the edge of the Wickery Bridge. The sun is almost up, and she wanted to see it. She wanted to feel the warmth hit her skin and relax her rather than burn her.

She wanted to enjoy her last day as a human,  because after this, she would either be lying lifeless in a casket, or be a vampire who pretends to be normal despite the every day urges of having to kill people because it's her nature.