Fifteen

[Paris' outfit is the same as the one she's wearing in the previous chapter

[Paris' outfit is the same as the one she's wearing in the previous chapter.]

꧁ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ ꧂
ᴀ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴ, ᴀ ᴠᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ʙᴏᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴏғ ʙᴏᴜʀʙᴏɴ

Because when people see good, they expect good. And I don't want to be burdened by their expectations.

   PARIS SHUTS THE door behind her and locked it before she paced back and forth inside her bedroom, flustered and panicking regarding the fact that she just saw herself in a clip, murdering hybrids with magic.

Her hands trembled and her breathing becomes heavy. Her hands find their way to her light brown hair and tangle them as she closes her eyes and attempts to calm herself down.

A knock on the door snaps her attention away from herself and towards the door and the person behind it.

"Paris." Damon called. She was frozen in her position. She can't seem to get herself to move. She doesn't know if she doesn't want to or she just really can't.

"You do know a door like this won't keep a vampire like me out, right?." Damon spoke again. But Paris, still can't get herself to move. Damon remains outside until he breaks the doorknob off and walked in. Invasion of privacy was the least of his problems right now. Well, it never has been. He's Damon.

"We could've gone the easy way." Damon said as he raised his hand and showed the broken knob he just yanked. Paris just gives him a glare before she turns her back on him and tries once again to calm herself down.

"Paris, you need to calm down." Damon said as he slowly approaches the frantic brunette.

"I'm trying, Damon! I'm sorry if it's difficult for me to relax when I just murdered people who are supposed to be a hundred times stronger than me!" Paris snapped.

Her heart is beating rapidly inside her chest and she feels like she's suffocating. She's having an episode and she doesn't know how to prevent it from escalating further.

"I-I didn't know what happened. I don't remember any of that. I-It's impossible. I can't do that. I just can't." Paris rambled while the panic takes over her whole body and her eyes start to water.

Damon places his hands on Paris' cheeks and forced her to look at him. "Hey, hey. Shh. I know. We all know that. We just have to figure this out—" Damon said but Paris shakes her head as tears fell from her eyes. Damon forced her to glance at him again before he continues. "—We will figure this out. But we can't do that, if you're like this. I need you to calm down." He said.