Twenty-Five

[Paris' outfit is still her pajamas from the previous chapter.]

꧁ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ ꧂ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴜɴʀᴀᴠᴇʟ

ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴜɴʀᴀᴠᴇʟ

No, Stefan. You're not listening to me. She's not dead. At least not completely.❞

THIS MAY BE the most quiet everything around him has ever been all his life. His body feels vulnerable. His mind is broken. His heart is shattered. And all it takes for each one to send him over the edge, is the slightest movement. So, he remained still. He thought of nothing. He stared at the wall, as Paris' upper body rests on Damon's lap, her head placed on his arm.

Both his arms embraced Paris loosely. He has been sitting on the floor still for three minutes after breaking down. His tears seemed to have dried out. The light in Damon's eyes that Paris utterly adores have vanished. The calm ocean eyes of his became a dark stormy one. Who can blame him? He was supposed to protect the life of the girl he loves, and yet, he's the very person who took it from her.

Bonnie being able to have heard everything from the call Paris didn't end, she frantically goes to her car while trying to contact Stefan. When he finally answered, it turns out that he's at Elena's house. Knowing that Ric is with Meredith, that means Paris is all alone with Damon.

When Bonnie informed Stefan and Elena about what happened, the two, without a doubt, climbed in the car and drove to the boarding house.

"Paris?" Elena called out.

"Damon?" Bonnie said as she looks around.

As soon as Stefan enters the house, he immediately smelled blood. He cursed under his breath before speeding his way towards where it came from.

When Stefan reached Damon's bedroom, he was greeted by his devastated brother embracing a bloodied body of their friend. His eyes widen at the sight as his jaw drops. "No. No, no, no." Stefan muttered.

He quickly approaches his brother and he crouched down, glancing down at Paris' wide-open eyes. His hand made its way to his forehead as he registered everything.

Running steps could be heard from outside the room. Then finally, Bonnie and Elena reached Damon's bedroom, gasps immediately escaping them as they found Paris' limp body.

"Paris? No, Paris!" Elena said as her eyes glistened. Bonnie couldn't even get a word out as they approached them.

"I'm sorry. I-I didn't know what happened. I blacked out. Then the next thing I knew, s-she's... she's-" Damon explained but he was unable to continue due to his voice shaking and his urge to freak out increasing.