Seventeen

[Paris' outfit for this chapter is at the very top

[Paris' outfit for this chapter is at the very top.]

꧁ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ ꧂
ᴄᴏɴғᴇssɪᴏɴs & ᴄᴏɴsᴇǫᴜᴇɴᴄᴇs

You're so hellbent on not letting our enemies hurt me that you forgot to include yourself. You hurt me, Damon.

     HER GREEN eyes stared right at his icy blue ones, hers with betrayal, and his with regret. The room fell silent as they waited for Damon's explanation. The only sound that can be heard was the loudness of Damon's heart pounding in his chest, well, at least it was the only thing he could hear.

"Answer me, Damon." Paris said. She didn't say it with anger, rather, she said it with hurt. Damon sighs in defeat before he responded.

"Yes. That was me." He answered.

Paris' jaw clenched at his response. Her eyes watered as it remained fixated at the raven-haired vampire as he searched her eyes for any forgiveness. There was none.

"I have been struggling, hurting, killing people! And yet here you are, hiding the truth." Paris said, each word laced with the pain she's greatly feeling at the moment.

"I was going to handle it." Damon justified.

"And how's that working out for you?" Paris retorted.

Damon gritted his teeth because he knows that it is, indeed, not going well.

"Leave us. Please." Paris told the three watching them without removing her gaze at Damon.

Meredith was about to protest but Paris made herself clear. "I said, leave us alone." Paris repeated.

The three of them hesitated as they shared glances. Meredith looks at Damon as a warning before they stepped out of the room. Now it was only the two of them.

"Tell me, when we first met, did you know that I was going to be Camila's next victim?" Paris asked.

Damon swallowed. He did already know that Paris will be next, he had a witch confirm it. And with that question alone, made him even more guilty.

"Yes. I did." He answered truthfully. Just as he thought things couldn't get possibly worse, he was proved wrong.

"So you only approached me because of Camila. You bonded with me because of Camila. Here I thought we actually have something." Paris said, a tear escaping her eye.

Damon's tightly closed lips opened immediately to explain while he sat next to her.

"No. I mean, yes I approached you because of her, but all those times we spent together wasn't because of her. I bonded with you because of you. You're beautiful, you're smart, you're challenging. I enjoy your company." Damon said.