Eighteen

[Paris' outfit for this chapter is at the very top

[Paris' outfit for this chapter is at the very top.]

꧁ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ ꧂
ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɢᴜᴇsᴛ

I'm getting used to being targetted and used as leverage just because I'm human and I can die.

     DAYS WENT BY fast and quiet. It was uneventful, which was surprising considering the huge history of Mystic Falls being a very eventful one.

Bonnie helped with keeping Camila locked away somewhere inside Paris, only this time, she made sure that Camila stays powerless in that spot, and Paris stays dominant of her own body.

Damon and Paris are still in no speaking terms. Damon decided it's best to let her be, instead of constantly bugging her with his apologies. Damon never really liked apologies anyway, that's why he barely gave any.

After all of that, nothing has been happening. But of course, this is Mystic Falls, after one problem, there's always another.

Paris holds her camera firmly on her hands as her eyes roam around her to find a perfect scenery to capture. It's been a while since she just gets her camera and takes pictures. She's been so busy with surviving that she forgot what her previous life used to be like.

She found herself standing in the middle of the Wickery Bridge. A small smile creeps its way into her lips while she recalled some of the times she had here together with someone she once treated as a friend. More than a friend actually, but she never wants to admit it.

She went to the edge of the bridge and caressed the rough surface of where they used to sit. Her gaze turned to the water under the bridge and her smile faded away.

Her mind drifts off into another memory. A memory she keeps buried deep. A memory that once again keeps haunting her when Camila messed with her mind.

Her airways felt like it was closing, like it was when she was drowning. Her vision became blurry as it was when ocean water surrounded her. Her hearing starts to hear indistinct noises, similar to when water filled her ears. And most of all, her body felt like it was floating in water when in reality, she's about to collapse.

Before her body hits the ground, someone caught her.

Paris immediately snaps back to reality as soon as she made contact with that particular someone. She glances behind her to see who it was and she gave a stunned expression.

"I take it nothing has been easy for you since I left the town of hell?" He said. A small smile forming in his lips after his question.

"Lucien?" Paris muttered. It was almost unbelievable to see him back here. She didn't think there's a reason for him to come back, but here he is.