1:Prolouge

In a chance encounter, two unlikely friends meet, slowly forming a bond that couldn't be broken by even the greatest distance. Tobias Eaton, a boy who has experienced the earthen version of hell for the last almost sixteen years of his life, including watching his mothers life sputter into non-existence before him, has found himself in quite the predicament. After fleeing his deranged father, the cause of his woes, he ends up without a place to call home, leaving him cold and starving on the streets. Beatrice Prior, daughter of the ever successful Natalie and Andrew Prior, sister to the genius that is acknowledged state wide, Caleb Prior, finds herself, once again, alone in the monstrous house, that is so often only inhabited by only her. These two people, lost in their own dilemmas, meet in an odd, but wonderfully coincidental way.
-----
Tobias:

My feet slapped against the wet concrete, my back stinging with each pounding step. But I ignored the stinging, I ignored the stares of strangers whose gaze followed the boy who dashed through the rain, in a direction that held only a small park. That same park happened to be my destination. It was small enough to not be easily known, but big enough to evade the wandering gazes of passers by. My father wouldn't find me there that is, if he even looked. My father was always a cruel man, at least that's what I had thought. It may not have been true but this man- this monster I called my father- would always be cruel in my eyes. There was no sympathy within me for the man he had once been, for he and his past self were dead to me. The cruelty that he had shown me in the past years was unforgivable and I would never be able to remember the man he once was as anything but the shall that had temporarily contained the monster.

Flowers glinted with lingering drops of rain as more drops cascaded off of them, landing on the already soaked ground. My feet sloshed and squished in the fresh mud, the substance sucking at my shoes with every step I took. As I headed towards a dense patch of pine trees, secluded near the back of the park, a crack of lightning ripped through the silence, quickly followed by the bright flash of lightning, illuminating the sky with its electrical magnificence. There were few suitable dry areas under the trees, but as soon as I found one, the right grasp of sleep pulled me into its dark and firm clutches.