Chapter 21 - First Date (Part 1)

Niccolo's POV

I awoke without her in my arms and part of me began worrying as to why. However, as I sat up I noticed her beside me in a peaceful sleep, looking beautiful as ever, as I felt the sensations arising in the pit of my stomach. What has she done to me? How has she managed to barge into my life and change it all over a couple of months?

I watched as she lay on her side, the sheets wrapped around her body just above her breasts as I think about the gorgeous naked body just beneath the thin fabric. Her hair was in an untamed form and it made me fancy her more. Her hair was definitely one of her features that's the most stunning to me. She was cuddled into Major, him being the reason she wasn't in my arms, as he lay in between us.

I chuckled softly, shaking my head at my dog who has grown incredibly close to her

I chuckled softly, shaking my head at my dog who has grown incredibly close to her. A dog that never went near any stranger what so ever. A dog that has bitten more people than I can remember and a dog that never trusted easily. Yet, it was always her from the beginning with him. He never once questioned her, never once doubted her. He was all in when it came to her, from the very start. It truly amazed me and my family how she managed to do that, just as much as it amazes me how she managed to break down all my defenses and enter my world like she was meant to fit in it with me. Alongside me.

I got up off the bed, making my way silently around it as I collected my cigarettes off the nightstand. I opened the sliding door to my balcony, causing Major to stir and roll over onto his back with his legs in the air as his head tilted sideways to look at me. I stepped out onto the balcony, sitting down on the deck chair as I lit a cigarette before placing the packet and lighter on the table beside me.

I pulled on the cigarette, taking in a good amount of smoke into my lungs as it ran through me before releasing the remnants

I pulled on the cigarette, taking in a good amount of smoke into my lungs as it ran through me before releasing the remnants. I thought back on last night. The way last night played out, every little bit of last night, every touch, every word, every look... It all held such an intense meaning to promises not said. To certain words not declared, yet perfectly clear in the air around us.

She opened herself fully to me last night, something I could tell she never does and maybe never truly has with anybody, making me the first man which gives me the most amazing feeling within. I took another couple of pulls on the cigarette as I watched the clouds move along with the sky with the crisp air blowing through and the birds using the wind as their upliftment.