Chapter 34 - Sierra's Truth

Sierra's POV

I flung the door to the warehouse open, bouncing it off the wall and alerting my father to my presence. I waltzed in there casually, yet confidently.

"Good evening, Papá." I sang as he watched me.

I walked closer to him, noticing Dominic tied up to a chair with his face beaten and bloody. It wasn't too bad, but it must be painful none the less.

"Ah, Miya, how nice of you to grace us with your presence. Dominic was just telling me how he killed Mamá, down to the last detail." I cringed as I heard him call me by the term of endearment Abuelita used to use. He didn't deserve that right and he never will. He gave me a condescending smirk as he taunted me. Unbelievable.

"Really? How about you repeat that then, De Luca." I looked at Dominic in the eye. He held my gaze, completely unphased by my words and remained silent.

"Very well. Papá, I thought I told you he was my kill." I remarked, waving my fingers indicating to Dominic's face.

"I was simply having some fun, Mija." He continued. There it is again... Mija... I tried controlling my emotions and holding back my tears.

I walked around the room, heading straight towards the bottle of tequila I spotted the second I walked in. My father loved alcohol, too much in fact. It made him more aggressive which is why he would drink it often. I grabbed the bottle and tipped it up, giving myself a good amount into my mouth. I did this a few times, taking my time as I did so.

I performed this action for two reasons. One is the fact that my nerves are shot. I needed something to calm them as my mind raced with anxiety for what was to come. The other using it as an excuse to suss out the place. Look for advantage points, exit points, and to search for any snipers my father might have placed around. I know those are his favorite.

"Mija, you seem nervous." My father spoke menacingly. I slammed the bottle on the table with a loud thud before turning to face him.

"Not at all. More like anxious for what's to come." I returned the same kind of smile as my eyes darted between him and Dominic.

"Oh, please, don't stop on my account. Go ahead." He turned the gun around, holding it by the barrel, handing it over for me to take. "Go right ahead, Mija. He is all yours. Prove to me how much you want this."

I never faltered. I grabbed the gun, pulling on the chamber before holding it with both hands and standing in front of Dominic. I lifted the gun and aimed it at his head.

"Did you kill my mother?" I asked firmly and void of emotion.

"No." He was quick to reply, without any form of hesitation or break in eye contact.

I cocked the gun, placing it back into position and aiming it at him again.

"How about now? Did you kill my mother?" I repeated.

"No." This time, he shook his head along with his answer.

I gave him a tight-lipped smile. I was buying time for my father to relax. I knew he would at some point. Eventually, he grabbed the tequila with his back toward us. I turned on my heel slightly, still in the same spot, as I faced the gun at him.

He was drinking the tequila as he turned around to face me. He choked on the liquid before coughing, his eyes watching me closely.

"What the fuck are you doing, Sierra?"

"Who killed Mamá, father?" I took a step towards him as he took a step back.

"Ya te lo he dicho (I've already told you)." He tried again. He was about to speak, his gaze falling on Dominic when I cut him off.