T A K E M Y H A N D

In which Jungkook can't help but watch out for his co-star and Taehyung returns the favor.

~•~

"Yah. Do we really have to take this long for security? It's already 2:15!" Namjoon said with a panicked sigh as he ran his hand through his hair.

They had already checked their luggage, but for some reason, were halted by security. There had been traffic.

A lot of it, much to Jungkook's dismay.

That only meant more time for Taehyung to be intertwined with him.

Every second that passed annoyed him because secretly, he didn't want it to end.

"Hyung, calm down. We'll make it."

A now awake Taehyung said with surprising optimism.

Even Jungkook was a little worried that they were cutting it too close to the departure time.

Yoongi insisted that the five of them go through regular security instead of being escorted. He and Jin figured they would draw less attention that way.

Finally the line started to move smoothly, and the five of them separated in order to be searched.

Jungkook made it through security with no problem and took his sweet time tying his timberlands in order to wait for Taehyung. For some reason, the security officer searching Taehyung had pulled him to the side.

He said that he needed to search him 'more thoroughly'.

Taehyung nodded complacently and allowed the man to pat him down. The officer made sure to pay extra attention to Taehyung and the young actor was visibly uncomfortable.

Jungkook watched on as the officer felt Taehyung's back pocket with an unnecessary amount of enthusiasm.

Jungkook's hands balled into fists and his lip twitched.

Before the situation could get more out of hand, Jungkook stalked over to the pair. He grabbed Taehyung by the arm, and pulled him to his side while glaring at the security officer.

"I think you've searched my boyfriend enough. If you'll excuse us, we have a flight to catch.." Jungkook said through gritted teeth.

Before the astonished man could reply, Jungkook had dragged Taehyung to the gate. He was obviously pissed and barely gave Taehyung enough time to collect his things.

"Jungkook, wait! I need to put on my shoes. Why are you so mad?" Taehyung said, managing to get Jungkook's attention so that he could slide on his vans. "Why am I so mad?! Because that pervert was touching all over you!" Jungkook snapped at Taehyung, his eyes blown and hair pushed wildly away from his face.

"It's not that big of a deal. Plenty of guys get handsy like that, it's just how they are.." Taehyung said with a small shrug, completely confused as to why Jungkook was overreacting.

"Are you kidding me? What do you mean 'plenty of guys'?! No real man acts like that. It's disgusting and definitely not something you should be used to!" Jungkook growls at Taehyung, a deep frown settling on his face.

"I'm sorry, I-" Taehyung started.

"Don't be sorry, just be careful and don't let anyone take advantage of you!" Jungkook snaps again, gaining the attention of many on lookers.

He huffed, grabbed Taehyung's arm, and stalked away toward the departure gate.

"Jungkook...Hey! Stop dragging me. You're not even listening! Ugh.." Taehyung said as he made feeble attempts to get Jungkook to slow down. Helpless against a determined Jungkook, Taehyung just tried his best to keep up.

"What the hell! Where were you? They're already boarding!" Namjoon shouted at the two youngest when they had all finally reunited.

Jin was visibly anxious, but his feelings subsided once they were back in his sights. Yoongi was still mute and clinging onto sleep as the five of them boarded.

"We got held up. Sorry Hyung." Taehyung said, quickly wriggling his arm from Jungkook's grasp once he was distracted.

"Let's find our seats." Jin said while ushering everyone in front of him, taking a mental count.

Everyone checked their tickets and made their way to their assigned seats. The Hyungs had seats right next to each other in the middle row, and the youngest two had been paired together in the back of the plane.

"Oh great, we're seat mates.." Jungkook said with obvious sarcasm as Taehyung put his carry-on away.

"I can ask Yoongi-Hyung to switch if you don't like it.." Taehyung said, biting his lip with a wounded look that made Jungkook's heart hurt.

"No! I-Its fine. Don't bother Hyung, he's probably already asleep.." Jungkook said with an awkward laugh as Taehyung slid into the window seat.

Jungkook sat next to him and let out an obviously tense sigh.

"Oh sorry, did you want the window?" Taehyung asked as he pulled out his earbuds.

"No, I don't like planes. So looking out the window probably won't help." Jungkook answered very plainly, trying his best not to let on just how much he disliked planes.

Jungkook waited for the snarky comment that was bound to follow his omission, but it never came.

"Oh" Was all Taehyung said before putting his music on.

The flight attendant made some announcements and everyone buckled their seat belts in anticipation. The plane started to wheel down the runway and Jungkook's stomach dropped to his feet. He was freaking the hell out and his knuckles were white where they gripped the armrests. Just before the plane took off, a warm hand slipped over his and laced their fingers.

"Don't worry. You'll be alright." Taehyung said through closed eyelids before giving Jungkook's hand a reassuring squeeze.

He should have pulled away. He really wanted to. But he couldn't. Because no matter how much Jungkook wasn't willing to admit it, Taehyung's hand felt perfect against his. At that moment he was both scared and grateful to the man next to him, but that fear didn't come from the plane. That fear came from the unusually fast pace that his heart was beating and the strong desire to never let that hand go.