A L L T H A T M A T T E R S

In which Jungkook ropes Taehyung into a unwanted trip and their friends try to calm the first of many storms

~•~

"Yes, Mom. Hobi and Seokjin-Hyung already escort us everywhere. It's not like they have to put a police detail outside. No one's coming to kill us." Taehyung groaned in frustration at his mother's insistent tirade and raked a hand through his faded, brown hair.

Mrs. Kim's usually soothing voice boomed loudly through the phone, and the young men were sure they'd still be able hear even if the call wasn't on speaker.

Jungkook smiled sympathetically as his worried mother rattled off a list of low radar jobs for them to do instead.

Taehyung merely sighed and answered with as little bite in his voice as he could muster.

"Yes, we love what we do. We aren't going to stop living our dreams as idols just because people don't agree with us dating."

The elder knew that his mother meant well. She had insisted they date in the first place. The overprotective mother was just concerned for their safety, and had good reason to be, but she tended to overreact sometimes.

"Well, I'm not saying that you have to stop being idols forever, but you could certainly take a break..What about Jungkook? Is he there?"

Before Taehyung could shake his head in protest, his boyfriend piped up like an obedient puppy.

"Yes, Mom. I'm here."

"Oh good, Jungkook-ah please tell my thick-headed son that it wouldn't hurt for you two to take a break after filming. Didn't you say that you should be finished shooting by Christmas?" Mrs. Kim pressed forward making sure to ensnare Jungkook in the process.

"Yes. We should be finished the week before Christmas." Jungkook answered matter of factly, still completely oblivious to what the lady was getting at.

Taehyung shook his head vigorously and motioned for Jungkook to stop talking, but the younger just looked at him in confusion before directing his attention back to the phone.

"Well then that settles it. You and Taehyung will come down for Christmas. And bring the other boys of course! You will get a much needed break from the press and crazy people and we will all get to have family time! Who knows, maybe you two will realize that you prefer the stressless lifestyle and decide to stay?"

She mused, with clear triumph in her voice.

She had completely fooled Jungkook into agreeing to her demands and the younger felt played.

"I-I didn't.." Jungkook spluttered and was swiftly cut off by Mrs. Kim bidding them farewell.

"I have to get back to cooking, but remember you can always move back home if it gets to be too much Taehyung-ah! You too Jungkook!! Bye! Make sure to eat well." Mrs. Kim's voice resonated through the phone, and before either boy could make any follow up comments, she hung up.

"Way to go Jungkook...now we've gotten duped into spending our time off at my parent's for God knows how long." Taehyung complained from the couch and threw a pillow at his boyfriend.

"Ow! Well, I'm sorry that I didn't realize your mother was a seasoned con woman before answering the phone! I don't see what the big deal is anyway. Maybe it's not our first pick for vacation, but your family's nice and the food is free." Jungkook shouted and hurled the pillow back with much better aim than his counterpart.

"YAH! That's my Mom you're talking about! And the big deal is that I don't want to go. It's our first Christmas together and I wanted it to be sappy and romantic. There's nothing romantic about fucking under the glow-in-the-dark stars and marvel posters I put up when I was eight." Taehyung ended his long winded rant with a pout and folded his arms with apparent disappointment.