S T A Y W I T H M E

A/N:

These are the romanized+english lyrics to the song (Stay with me by Jay Park) that vkook duet on.

~•~

In which vkook record for their drama's OST and lose themselves.

~•~

When Taehyung entered the studio that morning, Jungkook was just finished warming up. Taehyung had spent the night before going over the lyrics and listening to the song they were supposed to record, but he was still worried.

How the hell am I supposed to stay serious with Jungkook here? He complained silently.

Fortunately, before he could fret himself into a ball of nerves, the staff showed up demanding to start right away.

Jungkook's eyes met Taehyung's from behind the glass and they both smiled. The elder joined his costar inside the sound booth and they nodded in greeting before getting settled.

"You ready?" Taehyung asked as he set his lyrics on the stand, just in case.

"I'm set, but you look a little nervous. It's alright, I've heard your music and trust me you have nothing to be nervous about." Jungkook said reassuringly as he took his place in front of the mic.

"Well, neither do you as long you know the words." Taehyung teased as he slipped his head phones on one ear.

"I know them." Jungkook replied before sticking his tongue out and adjusting his own headphones so that he could hear out of one ear as well.

"Ok, the mics are on. We'll give a count of three. Let's get this done quickly hm?" The producer said into the speaker. "

Yes!" The pair said in unison.

The count was given and the music started.

If I say it's easy, it'll be a lie.

As much as we fought,

we cared for each other even more.

When you were by my side, I didn't know.

When you aren't here, I miss you so much.

Jungkook's soft melodic voice washed over Taehyung like a wave and the elder had to remind himself to sing.

Through countless mistakes

I realized it's meaningless without you.

Now forever

It's just you and me.

Taehyung sang back, surprised by how level he had kept his voice.

At first, the younger's eyes had been closed, but upon hearing his costar sing he quickly opened them.

He had lied when he said that Kim Taehyung was most beautiful when he was sleeping. It was then, with his heart and soul poured into the music, that Jungkook found him truly exceptional. He decided that he would give anything to always be able to witness Taehyung like this. To see him happy and doing what he loved.

I don't never wanna let u go no no.

Jungkook sang, lost in both Taehyung's eyes and his voice.

My body trembles when I hug you.

My time stops, my baby.

Taehyung couldn't help but replay all the times Jungkook's embrace had literally made him shiver.

Even after 100 years pass, promise me.

The two sang in near perfect harmony. Their voices molding into one in way that could only be described by genuine emotion. Whatever nerves the two had been feeling dissipated and they lost themselves in the song completely.

Please love me

the same the same the same

365 days,

Everyday.

I need your love.

You alone are enough for me

Because,

Fame will go away some day.

The money I made will get spent somewhere.

People who looked for me will leave,

But baby you

I hope you stay with me.

Don't change but forever

Stay with me.

The music faded out and the two stars never broke the gaze that they had. Both of them looked at the other as if they had something to say. Cheeks were red, hearts were beating fast, and in that moment the pair couldn't deny how real those words had felt.

"Wow! Dabaek!! We are gonna keep that one, no need to do it again. I just need you two to do separate recordings for the background vocals and then we are done." The producer said with a proud smile as his assistant threw them a thumbs up.

"Mkay!" Jungkook nodded and nudged his costar gently.

"Why are you staring at me like that? Don't tell me you fell for me that easily." Jungkook asked with a smirk before laughing as the elder turned pink.

"Shut up. I most certainly did not fall for you. How could I when you're being such an arrogant brat?" Taehyung countered.

Jungkook frowned, ready to retort, but was interrupted with instructions.

He sung a few random lines into the mic and did some impressive runs.

Taehyung watched him quietly while trying to quell the war that had started in his heart. To be honest, he probably wouldn't mind falling,

even if it was for a brat like Jeon Jungkook.