B U I L D I N G B O N D S

In which Taehyung misses his old life and Jungkook opens up a little more.

~•~

Taehyung inhaled deeply as he snuggled into a soft fabric that felt like a cloud.

The scent was intoxicating.

It wasn't very sweet, but it had a hint of cinnamon and something else.

Something distinctly Jungkook.

Taehyung's eyes fluttered open and he was met with the sight of a tense-jawed Jungkook.

The younger had his arms crossed over his chest and his brows were knitted slightly.

"Is he made of marble or something?" Taehyung thought to himself as he traced the curves and lines of Jungkook's jaw with his eyes.

When Taehyung's orbs advanced upward to observe the slope of the younger's nose, large doe eyes stared back at him.

"Why are you staring at me?" Jungkook asked a wide eyed Taehyung, the muscles in his jaw flexing as he spoke.

"I-I thought you were asleep.." Taehyung stuttered before biting his lip to hide his embarrassment.

"I never sleep." Jungkook said before closing his eyes again and leaning back on the headrest.

"Like ever?" Taehyung asked curiously.

"No, not ever." Jungkook replied.

Before Taehyung could even reply, announcements were being made about the plane landing.

The calm look on Jungkook's face was instantly replaced with one of panic.

Taehyung immediately sought to comfort him and pried one of his arms free in order to hold his hand. Jungkook's face flushed with such a bright shade of pink that Taehyung couldn't help but laugh.

"You better not tell anybody about this." Jungkook muttered to Taehyung with obvious embarrassment.

Despite this, his grip on the elders hand remained well after they had landed.

"Jungkook, you can let go now. We aren't moving anymore.." Taehyung squeezed Jungkook's hand gently in order to get his attention.

All he got in return was an awkward smile, before the younger male quickly debarked with his things.

Though Jungkook exuded all things confidently and appeared to be as assured as they come, inside he was extremely vulnerable. He had allowed Taehyung to witness the weaker side of him.

Taehyung smiled to himself at the thought.

This proved that no matter how closed off he tried to be, Jungkook trusted Taehyung and that was no easy feat.

~•~

Because their new drama had been kept under strict discretion, neither of the five men were welcomed by fans at the airport.

Taehyung felt both relieved and disappointed. Of course, he wasn't ready to sign autographs at 6 o'clock in the morning, but it would've been nice to see a crowd waiting for him.

He clearly remembers the last trip he took and the fans who waited for his arrival, but that was over two years ago. He hadn't felt anything that nice in a while.

Lost in thought, Taehyung reminisced all the way to the car. To be honest, he missed touring. Though he only had a few big tours over the course of his short, two-year career as a member of the boyband STB, he missed it. The other two members, Soo Jong and Bong Dae had started their own solo careers. The three of them still hung out occasionally, but it was hard to do it often since they all left for different companies. Taehyung spent the past two years recording an album, but that was slow, going without his ex-group member's help.

"You okay, Hyung?" Jungkook asked, pulling a preoccupied Taehyung out of his thoughts.

"Yeah...Yah, since when did you start calling me Hyung?" Taehyung asked with a suspicious look at Jungkook.

The five of them were in their usual spots in the car.

Yoongi was asleep, and NamJin(ship name courtesy of Taehyung) were in the front talking away.

"I figured you were right about me using my manners in public. I really want to do well on this thing and it would look bad if I didn't..." Jungkook admitted honestly.

Taehyung opened his mouth, ready to fire back a smart assed retort, but quickly closed it. He hadn't expected Jungkook to say that.

"Did you actually just agree with me on something?" Taehyung asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, I guess I did. But don't get used to it." Jungkook said in warning.

"Whatever you say." Taehyung said with a small smirk that turned into a full on grin once he was faced away from the younger.

Little did Taehyung know that Jungkook had broke out into a grin of his own.

Neither one of them realized yet, but that day, they had laid the foundation for an unbreakable bond.

One that even the Angels in heaven would envy.