L O V E I S N ' T E A S Y

In which taekook's "relationship" gets discovered and Taehyung isn't even sure if he deserves whatever it is they already are.

~•~

Taehyung sighed and turned into the feathery brown hair of his co-star.

He inhaled Jungkook's intoxicating scent and fought to hold onto the sleep they had indulged in. The elder male was not small by any means, but his slender, delicate frame fit beautifully into Jungkook's sculpted one. The muscled arms that wrapped around him felt as natural as a second skin, and he wondered why they waited so long to do this.

Whatever this was.

He was sure that Jungkook had only come onto him because their sexual tension had gotten to be too much. He didn't mind having casual sex because his trust in Jungkook was obvious. What worried him was how unwilling he was to let Jungkook go. He felt an almost primal possessiveness over the younger.

Something he was not entitled to.

He couldn't imagine going back to their previous way of doing things. He wanted to continue to wake up wrapped in strong arms and drowning in a smell that could only be Jungkook's.

He wanted to always be able to watch Jungkook come undone inside of him and to elicit wrecked sobs from the usually silent mouth.

He wanted Jungkook, in every sense of the word, and he wasn't sure that Jungkook would feel the same when they returned to Seoul. Even if, by some miracle, the younger was interested in being serious, Taehyung wasn't sure he could. He was enjoying the blissful dream that they were living in.

But he was also scared.

He was scared that Jungkook would wake up from their dream and find that the elder was no longer what he wanted.

Would he cheat on him like Minho?

Or just say that they were "better as friends" like Hoseok?

Taehyung had tried to quell the anxiety that bubbled up in his chest, but he couldn't help but feel inadequate. The only time he had ever felt wanted was when he made his previous partners reach unimaginable highs. He felt in control then, sleeping with random guys in bars, or having an occasional fling with a trainee. The promises of love that were declared between sloppy kisses as they reached their climax made Taehyung swell with pride.

Because at least he could be useful with his clothes off.

And if Jungkook only wanted him naked and in between satin sheets, then that's what he would give him. He wouldn't kid himself and think that he was worthy of more,

because he knew he wasn't.

He was most interested in having the younger in his life. At some point their arrangement would probably fizzle out and it would get awkward, but then the smoke would clear and they'd remain friends. That's what Taehyung told himself, because he couldn't be stupid enough to give his heart away again. He knew better. Love wasn't made to last for people like him, and he wouldn't lose Jungkook by wishing for the impossible.

"I can hear you thinking. Whatever it is, cut it out and go back to sleep." Jungkook murmured sleepily and pulled Taehyung closer to his hard chest.

"You're so bossy." Taehyung grumbled against the unblemished skin he was pressed into.

'He's too good for me' the elder thought to himself.

"And you're not listening. Now sleep." Jungkook commanded, his lips pressing a soft kiss into the shell of his costar's ear.